Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2021, 08:22 AM - 2 Likes   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought all reasonable people on both sides decided long ago to let this rest. Apple/DOS/MS debates should fall under the religion/politics discussion ban.

10-03-2021, 07:42 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Zombie Army, Norm, Serkevan, Lord Lucan, isn't it time to give the whole Apple "discussion" a rest - nobody is going to change any minds and it's gone way beyond the topic of USB-c... Please?
10-03-2021, 08:00 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
USB-C is inevitable

Yes , sorry....
It is not that bad , really
10-04-2021, 05:14 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Zombie Army, Norm, Serkevan, Lord Lucan, isn't it time to give the whole Apple "discussion" a rest - nobody is going to change any minds and it's gone way beyond the topic of USB-c... Please?
No one's posted for 21 hours and days before that. I thought that's what we were doing. I guess if you ask people to do what they've already done, they never say no.

10-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
No one's posted for 21 hours and days before that. I thought that's what we were doing. I guess if you ask people to do what they've already done, they never say no.
Sigh…. Yeah, my bad for not looking at the time stamp more closely. Sorry <hangs head> I can only plead mental fog - I am flunking retirement and starting work at a hardware store, and my brain is way too full.
10-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Sigh…. Yeah, my bad for not looking at the time stamp more closely. Sorry <hangs head> I can only plead mental fog - I am flunking retirement and starting work at a hardware store, and my brain is way too full.
My goodness , isn't that the situation. I'm starting to have situations where I'm mentally stressed, because I can't keep up. It's just sad.
10-06-2021, 08:38 PM   #67
Pentaxian

Mine was partly monetary, but more to get me out of the house and doing something to meet people offline…. Too much time wasted on the ol’ iPad. Anyway, I think standards are good, and the longer I spend figuring what standard is located where in the nuts & bolts, the more I favor attempts to make them widespread.

06-07-2022, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
EU Agrees Plan on USB-C Common Phone Charger in Blow to Apple (AAPL) - Bloomberg

Well, the deal is in. Most importantly for the forum, cameras are included. Expect USB-C in-camera charging to become mandatory (and for chargers to be taken out of camera body sales).
06-07-2022, 09:03 AM   #69
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Excellent news
06-14-2022, 07:15 PM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
EU Agrees Plan on USB-C Common Phone Charger in Blow to Apple (AAPL) - Bloomberg

Well, the deal is in. Most importantly for the forum, cameras are included. Expect USB-C in-camera charging to become mandatory (and for chargers to be taken out of camera body sales).
Yes that's the most wanted feature, and I don't care how fast transfer rate type-C can get, I want it more reliable mechanically. Most of my type C devices got bad contact after couple months of use, mostly at the cable end some the device side. I remember Apple invented a magnetic charging port and used on the old Macbook, not those aftermarket ones with replaceable tips, but the plug or socket itself is magnetically attached. Also, to further increase the transfer rate optical fiber may include in the cable, where the metal wires are mainly for power delivery/charging.
06-16-2022, 04:22 AM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
Most of my type C devices got bad contact after couple months of use, mostly at the cable end some the device side.
I've been using USB-C since 2016 and I don't think I've ever had a cable or device fail, which I can't say with micro USB or other standards. I know I still have and use the charger that came with my Google Pixel 1.
06-16-2022, 05:45 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
I've been using USB-C since 2016 and I don't think I've ever had a cable or device fail, which I can't say with micro USB or other standards. I know I still have and use the charger that came with my Google Pixel 1.
You are lucky