Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-28-2021, 10:32 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been using alcohol. NOT the drugstore kind but from a company in silicon valley. It's not cheap (35.00 for 4 liters). I use it on my telescope mirrors 8,14 inch... and eyepieces and of course, camera lenses.
As the company states>> "certified at higher than 99.8% purity and can be used in a wide variety of applications from 3D printing, to botanical and organic oils, biodiesel titration, and adhesive solvents. It also has the advantage of being non-corrosive to metals or plastics and can be used on all surfaces without leaving unsightly smears on screens or glass. Been using it for several years and all coatings on my glass, lenses have not been harmed. I use a spray bottle while holding the glass down. Again...not that crap from drugstores.

09-28-2021, 11:40 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
What do you guys use to do an initial dusting of a lens before you use a lens cleaner and microfiber cloth?
Soft camel artist's brush "primed" with canned air for static charge.

Steve