Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Yes, I did a video about this. But, I did not and will not stoop down to his level. I took the high road instead.

11-08-2021, 08:03 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would you like to sum that up into a 0 minute 44 second version? Life's too short.
11-08-2021, 08:23 PM - 3 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Would you like to sum that up into a 0 minute 44 second version? Life's too short.
I think it's that Cameraville Li has delusions of his own grandeur and feels threatened that there are other Youtube channels discussing Pentax.
11-08-2021, 09:13 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Basically I put the reality of context as it actually is vs the selective context shown by The Cameraville.
I also stated that there's no reason why we can't coexist since we present completely different topics. He does reviews, I do educational pieces. And there's no need for childish name calling etc. That's basically it.

11-08-2021, 10:00 PM - 6 Likes   #35
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Yes, I did a video about this. But, I did not and will not stoop down to his level. I took the high road instead.
With respect. Kobie, I think you're unwittingly perpetuating the conflict by continuing to acknowledge and talk about it and defending your honour. That's not a criticism of you, just a well-meant observation. Even your comment above - "I did not and will not stoop down to his level" - perpetuates and exacerbates the rift between you and Li, your followers and his followers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, simply ignore him. Let this go now. As a YouTube content creator and one who also comments on others' content, this kind of thing is bound to happen to you from time to time. Don't give it any weight by talking about it. Move on and enjoy doing what you do, regardless of critics. That is taking the real high road

Last edited by BigMackCam; 11-08-2021 at 10:42 PM.
11-10-2021, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
Basically I put the reality of context as it actually is vs the selective context shown by The Cameraville.
I also stated that there's no reason why we can't coexist since we present completely different topics. He does reviews, I do educational pieces. And there's no need for childish name calling etc. That's basically it.
Yes, him coming after you and Lee by name was very childish.
There's no law that says he has the market cornered for Pentax reviews.

p.s.

He claims that whenever he rated Pentax above the competition that he got no YouTube money that month. That seems odd!?
11-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
Yes, him coming after you and Lee by name was very childish.
There's no law that says he has the market cornered for Pentax reviews.

p.s.

He claims that whenever he rated Pentax above the competition that he got no YouTube money that month. That seems odd!?
I'm not buying his whole "I was punished by YouTube" thing regarding his ad revenue just vanishing and views just disappearing. It's all relative and how you set up the ads. Sometimes you make nothing, but it carries over to the next month (there's a minimum dollar amount you set in order to get a pay out).

11-10-2021, 11:57 AM - 3 Likes   #38
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
With respect. Kobie, I think you're unwittingly perpetuating the conflict by continuing to acknowledge and talk about it and defending your honour. That's not a criticism of you, just a well-meant observation. Even your comment above - "I did not and will not stoop down to his level" - perpetuates and exacerbates the rift between you and Li, your followers and his followers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, simply ignore him. Let this go now. As a YouTube content creator and one who also comments on others' content, this kind of thing is bound to happen to you from time to time. Don't give it any weight by talking about it. Move on and enjoy doing what you do, regardless of critics. That is taking the real high road
Absolutely +1. Walking away is tough when you're being trolled but it's the only way to end it. That's called winning BTW, when your plan works and the other's doesn't.
11-10-2021, 12:17 PM - 3 Likes   #39
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Absolutely +1. Walking away is tough when you're being trolled but it's the only way to end it. That's called winning BTW, when your plan works and the other's doesn't.
Having run my own business for the past 23 years there is one thing about this I know for sure - execute your own strategy, and never worry about what other players are saying or doing.

You can only control, direct and alter your own actions, plans and strategies, so focus on those.