Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2021, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
@ProfessorBuzz and @robgski = this is actually prety good advise even when one is not in a slump. Cheers!

@lesmore49 @pres589 @jcdoss = while not in it due to similar situations, I accompany you all in the drought... I do think it is a good time just to let go and not think about photography for a while, then jump back in and see where it goes. This has happened a few times before for me - end result, everytime I come back to photography my post-production taste changes, and so does the end result in my shots. Very odd...

11-04-2021, 12:42 PM - 3 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Personal changes are another option - I have an amazing series of macro shots of my ingrowing toe nail over the months prior to finding a chiropodist.
Eeeuuuuw

TMI
11-04-2021, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Eeeuuuuw
HAHAHA - I can hear this as I read.
11-04-2021, 12:46 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have an amazing series of macro shots of my ingrowing toe nail
Will these be available for viewing in the Macro Club?

11-04-2021, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #20
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Hey guys - just wanted to share... I am currently in a photo-drought. Hoping to snap out of it with a trip to the Berkshires this weekend.

Anyone had this happen? It is not the gear, it is not a life-crisis... I just feel like I have nothing to shoot nowadays
I win -
2019 - about 2K images
2020 - 4 (yes four)
2021 < 50

I have not shot with my Pentax camera since early Oct. I do have a shoot (sort of) set in a few weeks. I will keep it to a minimum (around 20 or so).
11-04-2021, 04:06 PM - 3 Likes   #21
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Single In Challenge keeps me going. The commitment to take shot and post it daily motivates to go shoot.

Thought due to computer problems I did keep a month break during summer when I didn't take any shots. It was refreshing too.
11-04-2021, 04:47 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Will these be available for viewing in the Macro Club?
As Rene DesCartes said before he vanished - 'I think not'.

11-04-2021, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

'I think not'.
Of course. Such a quotable fellow, that Rene
11-04-2021, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Single In Challenge keeps me going. The commitment to take shot and post it daily motivates to go shoot.
You know I've tried the challenge before. And the folks there are awesome and great at feedback and camaraderie... But it burns me out; every month by day 20th I'm "done".

---------- Post added 11-04-21 at 08:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
I win -2019 - about 2K images2020 - 4 (yes four)2021 < 50
We're talking about total actuations, or keepers?
11-04-2021, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’ve had those times. Maybe get into macro for a while. Smoke or water droplets? Coins, stamps, bugs…
11-04-2021, 06:32 PM - 3 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well Ed, first, you’re a good photographer, but as all of us go (regardless of our talents or lack there of) inspiration helps a lot. When you are inspired, you see things differently. I shoot mostly outdoors, nature and landscape, I often go to a place close by and sometimes I have to force myself to shoot something, where on another day I may have 10 shots I like in the first five minutes. For me, I think it is the light, and the sky. The inspiration and photos are always best when I,m shooting very early, from the beginning of twilight to a little after sunrise, or late in the day just prior to sunset, to that late day twilight. It is exhilarating to be outside at those times, and inspiring. Otherwise, when the sun is up, clouds can make all of the difference. So I would suggest going out to some venue that you have shot before, get there when it is still dark. If you can pick an area where you can see the sunrise. Hopefully on a morning with some light clouds to catch those early colors. Of course you can reverse this for evening, and hopefully get an evening when the sky puts on a show during twilight. I know you’ve done some beautiful bridge shots at night with the lights, and gorgeous twilight shots of the city, I’m guessing you enjoyed taking them. Of course if you don’t have the time right now, grab a kit, take a walk, pick something and shoot it from many unusual angles, apertures, etc, pretty much what everyone else is suggesting too. You’ll get back Ed, I got faith in you.
11-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #27
PDL
Pentaxian

We're talking about total actuations, or keepers?
Actuations.
11-04-2021, 07:07 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Of course there is no obligation to shoot every day. I don’t and maybe that makes it better when I do. I won’t be surprised if I don’t shoot this weekend, or if I do. I kind of feel the same about the monthly single challenges, I force myself into taking “garbage” shots that I don’t like. I admire those that can produce something interesting every day.
11-04-2021, 08:01 PM - 2 Likes   #29
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote

Thought due to computer problems I did keep a month break during summer when I didn't take any shots. It was refreshing too.
shooting every day is therapy for me....

since 9/2015, every day ....

it's not just the technical aspects I'm after, the search for Art pushes me...
11-04-2021, 08:32 PM - 2 Likes   #30
Inactive Account

... I just feel like I have nothing to shoot nowadays...
Yes, the same...sometime...very often if that's make sense!
When that happens, I usually go to Instagram and search for a few hashtags, mostly tags connected to the style/thing I like such as cityscape, nightphotography, Tokyo, etc and I will feel like a taking photo again.