Photos: Gallery | Albums
only two items on my list atm....

Takumar 58/2
GR D IV

that's it for today....

12-08-2021, 08:42 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Realistic I think would be one of those 90mm macro lenses. I don't really do living bugs so my DA 35mm Limited does macro nicely enough, but I like what I see from those 90mm Tamron and Tokina designs especially. The Tamron can be found for less than 200 sometimes these days, so that is why it falls under "realistic".

Also, maybe a KP in place of my K-S2? I got the K-S2 because I couldn't justify the KP financially, so I'm not sure it even falls under the realistic tag... but the better AF from the KP and the silent shutter would really help me I think, as well as the high ISO performance of course.

If we talk unrealistic... I'd love a 645D with some nice lenses (DFA 55 2.8, A 35 3.5 and FA 120 Macro for starters I think? Maybe throw the 200mm in there too). Oh and a Leica M9 with 28mm, 35mm, 50mm and 90mm please
12-08-2021, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

I think I've finally settled on a good photography setup. Of course I have wish lists (ya know, simple stuff, like a K-3iii and FA* 600/4 with proper support sort of stuff... ) but in the real world, my wish list has been fulfilled and I really don't have much need to buy anything else - save maybe a few small items such as batteries, acra swiss plates, etc.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
DA* 55mm f1.4, been top since I got the 20-40mm
Any FA 100mm macro
Funny that, these were the last two things I picked up, rounding my kit off - highly recommended
12-08-2021, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's always oodles of stuff darting on the periphery of my internal radar screen, but the only items somewhat close to bullseye are the DA 20-40 Ltd and a close-up adapter for my Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 180/2.5 63B.
(or maybe a changeover to a Nikon Z setup)

Otherwise, I'm quite capably covered from 15mm to 1000mm, two excellent APS-C bodies (K-70 & K-3 II)... just need time and opportunity.

12-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Aight, so unrealistic wish list is the D FA 21 Limited, the FA* 200 Macro and a tripod on at least the level of the Peak Design travel tripod, and the LX75 J-Limited K-1 (I mean have you seen how beautifully it must pair with the silver FA Ltds?)

The realistic wish list is to save up for the DFA 21 Ltd before the K-1iii arrives (and I inevitably get second thoughts about the priority of either purchase... ). Maybe a decent midrange tripod. I have everything else covered.

Oh, and an underwater camera with housing - probably will end up going with an used TG-6 and its case (about 400-500€).
12-08-2021, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My only must have photographic item on a wish list is a Sky-Watcher EQ6-R and a MEGE-3 autoguider. The equatorial has been backorders for a long time now and the current estimate is May 2022 for when it may be back in stock and without an equatorial like that getting an autoguider is rather pointless. The sad thing is I have the money for both having saved up for a while but just before I got the money they became sold out. At this rate I may end up getting a K-3iii before I end up getting a big equatorial and I will likely have enough saved up to get them all at the current rate.

Outside of that I do kind of want to get a Q and the official K-Q adapter so that I can hang a Q off of my A* 400/2.8 with 1.4X-L converter for lunar and planetary imaging so that I can be up in the ~3000mm FF equivalent range which is where one realistically needs to be for doing that type of imaging.
12-08-2021, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

my LBA is in remission for now
I have fulfilled myself some gear dreams this year, so I'm quite content with what I have now, no need for anything at the moment. There are some lenses that would be better in many regards than ones I already have, but their high price means I probably won't get any of those in the next 12 months at least (if I don't win the lottery, which would be weird because I don't participate in those schemes in the first place... ).

The DFA* 50/1.4, the DFA* 85/1.4, DA* 16-50/2.8, DFA 150-450, DFA* 70-200/2.8 are lenses that come to mind.

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Realistic list?

Slim down my gear - I own too much.
That I should do. But I don't want to

I'll start by sending in a 16-85 that produces some wonky pictures. And a 10-20/3.5 to Sigma for a firmware update so it will focus in live view.

QuoteQuote:
Take time to explore a topic or two in photography in a more disciplined way. +1
Organize my gear +1 and my photos +1.
I'm on the verge of giving up on pretending to try to do this some time... but I desperately have to get more disciplined, more rigorous in deciding what to keep and what to trash, otherwise the cost of adding SSDs will kill me.

Lenses that don't already exist that I'd buy in a heartbeat if the price was right? A DFA 24-105 (or more or less), doesn't matter if constant f/4 or variable. Torn between the 28-105 which is supposed to be fantastic and the 24-70 which is heavy and got no *

Other stuff... perhaps a good tripod and head for once. My first cheap one became almost unusable (but I still have it), my second and current one, about three times the cost of the first, is okay now after a couple years of light use but the rubber covers on the legs get loose and the head sags a little when not tightened enough and changes a tiny bit by tightening it down hard enough... NOT fun to use.

12-08-2021, 11:20 AM - 3 Likes   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Top of any list real or imagined:
Enough time to fully learn the gear and PP software I already own.
12-08-2021, 12:26 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Realistically, I wanna get some lenses for the K-70. A limited normal to wide and maybe an ultra wide for interior photography. Less realistic, getting a nice home darkroom to develop and print. I’ve stopped since I moved. It’s been +2 years ...
12-08-2021, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

Takumar 58/2
GR D IV

that's it for today....
For today, lols!

I have had a good 12 months, getting the 40mm limited, the 15mm limited, an fa 35mm f2 and my favourite, but not by much, the 20-40mm limited. Four cracking lenses. I also got a really nice MX quite a good haul, hence my LBA being sated .... For now
12-08-2021, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

I would say I don't need anything more than what I have to take the pictures I like to take, though I intend the get the new DFA 21 Limited soon, because I like UWA on FF and don't always want to lug around the 15-30.

However, the photography-related item I constantly feel the lack of is a moderate-sized backpack that can accommodate my DFA 150-450, the K1, and 2 or 3 other smaller lenses when walking. Currently, I typically use an old Lowepro sling bag that holds everything except the 150-450, which remains suspended from my shoulder on a Peak Design Slide when not in use.

I have a larger Tenba bag that can easily hold the long lens and much more, but that is overkill for a few hours walk. There must be a better solution that I am missing.

---------- Post added 09-12-21 at 07:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
It's funny how the 20-40 Limited has slowly become a favourite. At it's introduction I recall it regularly getting panned.
I recall it came out simultaneously with the surprising Sigma 18-35 f/1.8, that took all the limelight. The new Pentax looked rather passé in comparison. But I think it has "aged" better, and its more subtle charms have come to be appreciated.
12-08-2021, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member

Takumar 58/2
GR D IV

that's it for today....
Well that didn't take long to deviate from today's plan...

[with regards to a K-10D for sale on the forum] pm sent...
12-08-2021, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #28
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Well that didn't take long to deviate from today's plan...

take the good deals when they arrive....
12-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #29
CBM
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

take the good deals when they arrive....
I found myself looking at a used DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 ED AL IF SDM, rated "Excellent" on KEH, reasonable at $396 I thought. Read the reviews here on the forum, and wound up with a Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC Macro rated as a "Bargain" instead. Anyhow, KEH provides a 180 day warranty, which they have extended to 1 year on any lens rated between "like new" and "bargain", purchased before 12/31/21. So that seemed like a good bargain to me - maybe it's worth taking a look at "oldies but goodies" if you don't already have them?
12-08-2021, 05:42 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any FA 100mm macro
Ha! That one's on my wish list too.