Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
12-16-2021, 02:32 PM   #46
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
A realistic wish list, you say... Hmmm... Well, mine is pretty humble, I think:

- Pentax-F or FA28/2.8... Slower but smaller / lighter than the Sigma 30/1.4 Art I own and love, and would go nicely with my FA50/1.4 and HD FA35/2
- K-mount Sigma 18-200 Contemporary... better optically than the 18-300 I own but rarely use, and I can l live without the extra 100mm in return for better performance
- A fully-working half-frame 35mm camera (which, depending on some incoming deliveries, I may already have addressed :D)
- Two more OEM Sony batteries for my Hasselblad HV
- Two more OEM Sony batteries for my A7 MkII
- Some Ilford Ilfotec HC developer to use with my HP5+ 120 roll film (because Rodinal and HP5+ aren't so good together, apparently)
- In time, some different 35mm and 120 B&W films to try

Less realistic would be the new HD DA*16-50/2.8, but it's just too costly for me to justify

I think that's about it. I'm more-or-less satisfied with my current setup, and if anything I could do with paring it back a little
I'm updating my wish list

I now have a fully-working Canon Demi half-frame camera (though it needs new light seals and a little cleaning / lubrication to smooth the shutter speed dial operation), and a fully-working, brand new / old stock AGAT-18K Soviet half-frame camera. I'm well pleased

So I'm fully sorted for 35mm half-frame cameras...

... except that I now want a fully-working, near-mint Olympus Pen S Finding a good one is hard enough. Near-mint examples (truly near-mint - not like the optimistic descriptions seen on eBay) are rare... but I'm in no rush. If it takes a month, a year, 3 - 5 years or more, I will find one... and I will buy it