Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2021, 05:49 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The US Army Year in Photos

From Public Affairs to Combat Camera to Motion Pictures and Video, the US Army and other services have had trained professionals in uniform to capture all the action, from dog and pony shows to "no $#!t, there I was" operationsoperations. I'm glad they are there to capture the images that everyone else is too busy and otherwise engaged to catch and preserve.
The US Army Year in Pictures

12-21-2021, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for posting this.
12-21-2021, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #3
CBM
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I only went back a few years, but what I stood out for me was the number of shots that so clearly capture the faces and emotions in so many different situations. Great body of work!
12-21-2021, 10:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks for the link.
Some inspiring shots, although I would love to see a few more 'day to day regular life' type shots in there.

12-22-2021, 04:33 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wadge22 Quote
although I would love to see a few more 'day to day regular life' type shots in there
Though there are many routine experiences common to military life, "everyday" life in uniform is either very boring, or incredibly adventurous.
Like any "Year of Photos" this is a curated collection.

IF you really want to get an idea of the depth and breadth of imagery related to military life, the Defense Visual Information Distribution Service (DVIDS) has it in abundance.

If you are interested, the Defense Information School (DINFOS) has a long history
They do put "everyday" images up on their website as well
Though I was not involved in this career field, I worked with a few military photogs, and I've been to the base where DINFOS is located, at times one might see dozens of persons walking around with some pretty nice gear taking photos of just about anything as they meet course requirements. They also produce commercials used on the military TV networks, and I vividly remember walking through a location near the US base that had been used in a commercial a as setting for a European street scene. A lot of the students' images are hanging on the walls of buildings on the Base as well, so it's pretty immersive.

Last edited by robgski; 12-22-2021 at 04:40 AM.
12-22-2021, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A fantastic collection of captured moments. There are absolutely great - aesthetically and technically- shots among these. Thank you for sharing. I hadn't seen the site before.
12-22-2021, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, there's some wonderful photography there. I'll enjoy a more leisurely look later this evening. Thanks for posting