Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 75 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2022, 05:34 AM   #91
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fiaskemist Quote
I find it a bit amusing that there were some in this thread that just couldn’t resist “coming to Pentax rescue and defend it’s honour”... This thread was never supposed to be an all out comparison thread, or a “Pentax bashing” thread. Maybe read OP a bit more throughly in the future to avoid misunderstanding? OP was sharing their personal experience.
This is brand specific forum. The safe place for Pentaxians where we don't get drown among the masses of non-Pentax users. This is the place to protect Pentax and defend it's honour. Not a place to go trolling by trashtalking Pentax.

01-17-2022, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #92
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fiaskemist Quote
Where did I write or even imply that? Could you please read my previous post again? I am asking because you do seem to have missed my point completely and I was just trying to help this thread turn a bit more nice. Also, in your own very post I quoted previously, aren’t you the one sort of implying that others opinions are not valid by making an “either or” statement...? The way you categorise people - either they are looking at pictures or they are not, based on what YOU find important. Come on, can’t people have different approaches?

If reading my post again doesn’t help, how about I use a similar example. Might help you understand my point:
I come here and share how I felt it difficult to drive to work in a manual clutch car so I changed to an automatic. I came by just to create a friendly space where others that are deciding between manual and automatic can find some help. But I get attacked from others about my personal experience with manual clutch. I understand that YOU can get to work in a manual clutch but I couldn’t and I am now enjoying my new automatic. I get accused for not figuring out my old manual clutch, and made not feel welcome here etc. Then I get accused of not having the true experience of driving, that I’m just looking at the features of automatics. But I do enjoy the experience, in my own way, in the automatic.

I find it a bit amusing that there were some in this thread that just couldn’t resist “coming to Pentax rescue and defend it’s honour”... This thread was never supposed to be an all out comparison thread, or a “Pentax bashing” thread. Maybe read OP a bit more throughly in the future to avoid misunderstanding? OP was sharing their personal experience.
Actually, I voiced an opinion based on personal experience and preference.
Do carry on though.
01-17-2022, 06:45 PM - 4 Likes   #93
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This discussion has been closed because it has become snarky and vitriolic on both sides of the argument.

Going forward, can we all try to be a little more tolerant and less reactive?
Closed Thread