Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2022, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh/Pentax Photogarpher Instagrams??

I'm sure this thread has already been created but I dug through a few pages of results . . .my ADHD kicked in . . .I kinda want a taco. Tacos are good. . .

OH!

Instagram.

Mine is @DAdamsSnaps Login ? Instagram

Share your photography Instagram!! Whether it's a business page, company page, or a personal/hobby photography Instagram . . .I'd love to follow more Ricoh/Pentax photographers.

If you look at mine and like what you see, feel free to give me a follow as well . . .or don't . . .I'm a post on a forum, not a cop.

01-07-2022, 04:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Why not... been hanging on instagram for a little while. Will check on that.
01-07-2022, 06:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is it safe to visit Instagram?
Can you visit it as anonymous / incognito?
01-07-2022, 11:38 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

What's the benefit? Why should we do that?

When we register to Instagram, do we get money? food? coffee? drinks? anything tangible in the real world or just wasting more time?

01-08-2022, 12:56 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
What's the benefit? Why should we do that?

When we register to Instagram, do we get money? food? coffee? drinks? anything tangible in the real world or just wasting more time?
I was thinking the same some months ago. But it’s the user who determines the quality of the time spent there and the final benefits. Getting along with friends and discussing photography stuff is my limit. No time wasted.
01-08-2022, 01:26 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
I was thinking the same some months ago. But it’s the user who determines the quality of the time spent there and the final benefits. Getting along with friends and discussing photography stuff is my limit. No time wasted.

True....

If sharing data with a company like Insta / Facebook doesn't bother you...
If the policies of these companies don't bother you...
If you don't mind being bothered by those companies...

You'd be amazed about the detailed profile of yourself built by these companies.
All data from various apps combined shows more of you then you know of yourself.

If that doesn't bother you...fine.

I'd rather stay away from them...
01-08-2022, 03:45 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Forum Member

Hmm... Lots of dislike for Instagram here.

Well, for those who do use Instagram, here's a link to my account and a few others that might be of interest to Pentax shooters.

@pfgkansas

My personal Instagram account. All of my digital work is done with Pentax equipment, but back in the film era I shot primarily with a Canon FD system. Lately I've really been moving my effort to get those old film photos digitized into high gear, so most of what you'll see on my account is old Canon film images with just a few modern Pentax digital images mixed in.

@pentax.photography.official

The official Pentax European Account, shares photos made with current Pentax equipment by photographers who post using the official lens hashtags. Includes links to each photographer's account, so it's a great way to find other Pentax photographers on Instagram.

@renefisher_photography

A Ricoh Imaging Ambassador, posting excellent photos taken with current Pentax equipment.

@ogunturkay

A Pentax Nordic Ambassador who posts stunning bird photos, many taken with the DA 560mm. Includes extensive notes on each photo's subject.

@pentaxians_yearbook

Photos submitted to the annual Pentaxians Yearbook, posted to Instagram with the permission of the contributing photographers. Mostly inactive these days.

01-08-2022, 05:05 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richfam Quote
Hmm... Lots of dislike for Instagram here.

Well, for those who do use Instagram, here's a link to my account and a few others that might be of interest to Pentax shooters.

@pfgkansas

My personal Instagram account. …
I enjoy Insta for following particular photographers’ work, not for posting my own. Thanks for mentioning your account, I enjoyed looking through the images!
01-08-2022, 08:23 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it depends how you use Instagram. I don't search for likes and I don't follow just for getting back follows (or whatever they are called). I do engage with other photographers and artists and have had made many worthwhile, virtual (and subsequently physical) contacts.

I'm currently attempting a year long, weekly project in a nearby National Park (New Forest, Hampshire). I'm singularly uninterested in posting Wow! shots, instead trying to explore/photo my response to the place. As such, I've received lots of helpful pointers. Personally, used sensibly Instagram is the best of the SM bunch for me.
01-08-2022, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it possible to explore Instagram before/without joining?

I must admit to being old school and averse to most social media.
01-08-2022, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I most frequently use PF to post and interact with fellow photographers. The second most preferred Social Media platform is Flickr, which has many groups, allow for a variety of camera types, themes, etc and has a larger community than PF, obviously . Flickrs design allows long text description and seems to have deeper interaction than IG . I use Instagram more to follow people I meet in casual conversation about photography.
01-08-2022, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Awesome, to those who dropped their instas on here, I gave you a follow! Thank you so much, I look forward to checking out your snaps!

Social media isn't for everyone, it takes all sorts and as long as we're having fun and enjoying this awesome hobby in our own way, that's all that matters!

Enjoy!
Closed Thread