Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2022, 06:40 AM - 9 Likes   #1

Thank you PentaxForums! (and photo exhibition)

Hi PentaxForums, I want to thank you all for the help and support I got here.

So it was almost two years ago I found this place needing help choosing my first camera. Only experience I had of taking pictures then was from using my phone but thanks to PF-members I bought a K-5 II and started learning how to use a camera, learned about exposure etc. I actually sold it off last year and bought a Panasonic mft instead. It honestly was not an easy thing to do, but I realized that a dslr was a bit too big and I wanted a camera that was more convenient (for me).

But thanks to all the advice here I have learned lots about photography together with the K-5. I really do miss it and I will probably come back to a Pentax dslr sometime in the future when I have more time for photography as a hobby. Good news is that I enjoyed taking photos with the K-5 and still enjoy it with the Panasonic. Still have lots to learn but at least when I take photos now it does not take me several minutes to figure out what settings to change for a good exposure.

Thank you! I will still be coming by here sometimes, see you around.

PS. We also have a new family member since 5 months ago
(taken with the Panasonic)

I also want to share some memories documented with with our dear Pentax:

These first 6 photos are from a national park:

Some people photos:

The Pentax came along on a hiking trip:

Birthdays, roses and blue skies:

These were taken with a F50mm 1.4 with adapter on a Panasonic:

(Bluest flower I've ever seen)

01-13-2022, 07:50 AM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fiaskemist Quote
Hi PentaxForums, I want to thank you all for the help and support I got here.

So it was almost two years ago I found this place needing help choosing my first camera. Only experience I had of taking pictures then was from using my phone but thanks to PF-members I bought a K-5 II and started learning how to use a camera, learned about exposure etc. I actually sold it off last year and bought a Panasonic mft instead. It honestly was not an easy thing to do, but I realized that a dslr was a bit too big and I wanted a camera that was more convenient (for me).

But thanks to all the advice here I have learned lots about photography together with the K-5. I really do miss it and I will probably come back to a Pentax dslr sometime in the future when I have more time for photography as a hobby. Good news is that I enjoyed taking photos with the K-5 and still enjoy it with the Panasonic. Still have lots to learn but at least when I take photos now it does not take me several minutes to figure out what settings to change for a good exposure.

Thank you! I will still be coming by here sometimes, see you around.

PS. We also have a new family member since 5 months ago
(taken with the Panasonic)

I also want to share some memories documented with with our dear Pentax:

These first 6 photos are from a national park:

Some people photos:

The Pentax came along on a hiking trip:

Birthdays, roses and blue skies:

These were taken with a F50mm 1.4 with adapter on a Panasonic:

(Bluest flower I've ever seen)
Congratulations on the new family member!

As long as you are using a camera that you take out with you and it gets the results that you like... that's a good thing. In this age of phone photographers it's always good to see people using dedicated cameras. I'm glad to see that this forum was of help.

That hydrangea flower is blue because of the soil pH and the fact that there's a LOT of aluminum in that soil, by the way
01-13-2022, 08:16 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with the post above. Use a camera, any camera, and enjoy the results. If Pentax ignites passion enjoy what it offers too. Panasonic m43 gear is very pleasant and fun to use. I found the menus logical and easy to work with and controls were simply laid out. Olympus was more complex to adjust to. I have left m43 recently as 3 different ecosystems was too much to ensure knowledge and use of that much gear. I’m slimming down to just Pentax and Sony.
01-13-2022, 03:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Surely a touching way of saying goodbye while keeping the door open for a future return.

Reasonable too because photography is supposed to be fun and everyone should be free to shoot what gives them the most joy and the results they want. The instruments best suited to achieve just that may change over the course of a human life.

So, happy snappin' wherever your photographic journey may take you!

01-14-2022, 07:09 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Congratulations on the new family member! We are Pentaxians but more importantly we are a community of photography lovers. Yes our gear matters to us but much more importance is someone's enjoyment in photography no matter what they are using. Just always remember it doesn't matter what gear you are using or what someone else is, it is the person behind the camera that takes and makes great photos.
01-14-2022, 07:57 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I use my Lumix ZS100 more and more. It's a convenience thing. So, don't be stranger.