Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2022, 08:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 725
How to make Google Photos public ?

I know Google Photos is not the best place for showcase, I created some albums to share with my friends, but it seems there is no way to make the albums public once and for all, instead I must send link to each of my friends every time a new album is created that is very trouble. What I want to do is, to make a public group so that I can link the selected albums to it, to share to those are on that group, except for new users I don't need to send a link every time I added new album. "Public" does not mean searchable on the internet, but have access to the "public albums" I selected, and I do not want to make all the albums public, is that possible to do ?

01-13-2022, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #2
Moderator
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,181
So far as I'm aware, Google Photos operates a bit like Windows Onedrive. Only people with a link to an "album" (folder) can access that album.
01-13-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 725
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
So far as I'm aware, Google Photos operates a bit like Windows Onedrive. Only people with a link to an "album" (folder) can access that album.
That's a pity but thanks !
01-13-2022, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Posts: 15,101
I believe Mark's right, but one thing I've used to share photos with groups of people in the way you describe is Google Drive. Have a shared folder and then give the link to that out to your friends, then within the folder you can have folders for different image albums.

01-13-2022, 09:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 725
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I believe Mark's right, but one thing I've used to share photos with groups of people in the way you describe is Google Drive. Have a shared folder and then give the link to that out to your friends, then within the folder you can have folders for different image albums.
I could do that but Drive lack some feature of Photos, like location and camera detail of the photos, may be available via Exif but not as straight forward, so I think I better off go for other photo sharing service.
01-13-2022, 11:26 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,004
If I understand you right, you could do that with Flickr. You can designate photos as friends, family, or public. The friends also have to have an account. Then you also have to designate people as friends or family. Once they are a friend, they can see photos designated as such. You can easily designate the photos when you upload them.
01-13-2022, 11:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 725
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
If I understand you right, you could do that with Flickr. You can designate photos as friends, family, or public. The friends also have to have an account. Then you also have to designate people as friends or family. Once they are a friend, they can see photos designated as such. You can easily designate the photos when you upload them.
So you mean I can not simply send a link to anyone just for viewing my photos, must have an account to see right ?

01-14-2022, 01:57 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian
Dartmoor Dave's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dartmoor, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,929
I use Google Photos for all the snaps that I share on this forum. Here's how:

In Google Photos, use the "Create Link" option to create and then copy a link. Then go to the website ctrlq.org/google/photos and paste the Google Photos link into the converter. It will generate a new link that you can use to share your photos anywhere.

(Credit is due to forum member @rayallen who first discovered this method.)
01-14-2022, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 725
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I use Google Photos for all the snaps that I share on this forum. Here's how:

In Google Photos, use the "Create Link" option to create and then copy a link. Then go to the website ctrlq.org/google/photos and paste the Google Photos link into the converter. It will generate a new link that you can use to share your photos anywhere.

(Credit is due to forum member @rayallen who first discovered this method.)
Got it thanks !
01-14-2022, 07:40 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ramseybuckeye's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampstead, NC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,004
QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
So you mean I can not simply send a link to anyone just for viewing my photos, must have an account to see right ?
No, you can still do that also, the difference is friends and family can see them without the link, at least that how it has worked for me
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
album, albums, friends, google, google photos, link, photography, photos, share, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RICOH and Google Team Up to Allow RICOH THETA Spherical Images to be Posted on Google pid Photographic Industry and Professionals 18 01-30-2014 08:19 PM
Do you have to make EXIF data public on flickr? Why, why not? Banitess Photographic Technique 8 09-24-2010 04:09 AM
Google google on the wall... procyon General Talk 4 04-04-2008 06:42 PM
"Rules" when photographing the public in a public place? Mr. H Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 11 09-12-2007 11:05 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:05 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top