Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2022, 08:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How to make Google Photos public ?

I know Google Photos is not the best place for showcase, I created some albums to share with my friends, but it seems there is no way to make the albums public once and for all, instead I must send link to each of my friends every time a new album is created that is very trouble. What I want to do is, to make a public group so that I can link the selected albums to it, to share to those are on that group, except for new users I don't need to send a link every time I added new album. "Public" does not mean searchable on the internet, but have access to the "public albums" I selected, and I do not want to make all the albums public, is that possible to do ?

01-13-2022, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So far as I'm aware, Google Photos operates a bit like Windows Onedrive. Only people with a link to an "album" (folder) can access that album.
01-13-2022, 08:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
So far as I'm aware, Google Photos operates a bit like Windows Onedrive. Only people with a link to an "album" (folder) can access that album.
That's a pity but thanks !
01-13-2022, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

I believe Mark's right, but one thing I've used to share photos with groups of people in the way you describe is Google Drive. Have a shared folder and then give the link to that out to your friends, then within the folder you can have folders for different image albums.

01-13-2022, 09:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I believe Mark's right, but one thing I've used to share photos with groups of people in the way you describe is Google Drive. Have a shared folder and then give the link to that out to your friends, then within the folder you can have folders for different image albums.
I could do that but Drive lack some feature of Photos, like location and camera detail of the photos, may be available via Exif but not as straight forward, so I think I better off go for other photo sharing service.
01-13-2022, 11:26 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If I understand you right, you could do that with Flickr. You can designate photos as friends, family, or public. The friends also have to have an account. Then you also have to designate people as friends or family. Once they are a friend, they can see photos designated as such. You can easily designate the photos when you upload them.
01-13-2022, 11:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
If I understand you right, you could do that with Flickr. You can designate photos as friends, family, or public. The friends also have to have an account. Then you also have to designate people as friends or family. Once they are a friend, they can see photos designated as such. You can easily designate the photos when you upload them.
So you mean I can not simply send a link to anyone just for viewing my photos, must have an account to see right ?

01-14-2022, 01:57 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I use Google Photos for all the snaps that I share on this forum. Here's how:

In Google Photos, use the "Create Link" option to create and then copy a link. Then go to the website ctrlq.org/google/photos and paste the Google Photos link into the converter. It will generate a new link that you can use to share your photos anywhere.

(Credit is due to forum member @rayallen who first discovered this method.)
01-14-2022, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I use Google Photos for all the snaps that I share on this forum. Here's how:

In Google Photos, use the "Create Link" option to create and then copy a link. Then go to the website ctrlq.org/google/photos and paste the Google Photos link into the converter. It will generate a new link that you can use to share your photos anywhere.

(Credit is due to forum member @rayallen who first discovered this method.)
Got it thanks !
01-14-2022, 07:40 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
So you mean I can not simply send a link to anyone just for viewing my photos, must have an account to see right ?
No, you can still do that also, the difference is friends and family can see them without the link, at least that how it has worked for me