Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2022, 06:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

B&H Photo "Payboo" Card

Not sure if this the right place for this.. if not please move mods..thanks

I started using a credit card that B&H
Photo had marketed as their "Payboo" card. It was geared towards basically discounting your purchase so you didn't pay sales tax on it. Its backed by Syncrony Bank. I used this alot to save some cash on purchases at B&H.

I went to B&H Photos website last night and at checkout noted that they no longer accept that one.. instead now they want you to apply for a new card.. I guess its Payboo 2.0 , this one backed by Commenity Capital. Turn around time on approval is 2 weeks..so.if you are a user of the payboo card like me, you may want to look into it.

Not thrilled at having to apply for another card but I do like the idea of the Payboo card.

Just posting as an FYI if anyone else used the syncrony backed one.This change must have been fairly recent as I just used this past week for some batteries.

Hth,
AL

01-23-2022, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Not sure if this the right place for this.. if not please move mods..thanks

I started using a credit card that B&H
Photo had marketed as their "Payboo" card. It was geared towards basically discounting your purchase so you didn't pay sales tax on it. Its backed by Syncrony Bank. I used this alot to save some cash on purchases at B&H.

I went to B&H Photos website last night and at checkout noted that they no longer accept that one.. instead now they want you to apply for a new card.. I guess its Payboo 2.0 , this one backed by Commenity Capital. Turn around time on approval is 2 weeks..so.if you are a user of the payboo card like me, you may want to look into it.

Not thrilled at having to apply for another card but I do like the idea of the Payboo card.

Just posting as an FYI if anyone else used the syncrony backed one.This change must have been fairly recent as I just used this past week for some batteries.

Hth,
AL
Al, I do not know the answer…but I believe what you meant to write is that you pay the tax and BH then pays you back the same amount onto your card? The last time someone said it the other way around was the govt of NY and they sued BH.
The fact a camera store would even give a discount card….unbelievable…I would apply no matter how many times they wanted. But then I am from Canada and discounts don’t exist on camera equipment except for the odd holiday time. Enjoy the savings!
01-23-2022, 11:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
Al, I do not know the answer…but I believe what you meant to write is that you pay the tax and BH then pays you back the same amount onto your card? The last time someone said it the other way around was the govt of NY and they sued BH.
The fact a camera store would even give a discount card….unbelievable…I would apply no matter how many times they wanted. But then I am from Canada and discounts don’t exist on camera equipment except for the odd holiday time. Enjoy the savings!

Yes I probably worded that poorly.. lol. But it does amount to a savings for me in the amount of state sales tax.... so I will definitely keep using it!
Al
01-23-2022, 02:32 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Strange that they would not longer accept their own card...wonder if you'd automatically be converted to the new one?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-23-2022, 02:35 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Strange that they would not longer accept their own card...wonder if you'd automatically be converted to the new one?
I had to reapply, as will everyone else, but it was approved in less than 5 minutes. No biggie I guess.
01-23-2022, 05:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I had to reapply, as will everyone else, but it was approved in less than 5 minutes. No biggie I guess.
Hmmm.... my message at the time said they will notify by mail , in up to two weeks. Just curious, were you actually in the check out process for something? Maybe its quicker if you do that. I didn't, I went through this link,,,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/credit-cards? and hit "apply Now" maybe its streamlined if you are in checkout.

al
01-23-2022, 06:04 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm.... my message at the time said they will notify by mail , in up to two weeks. Just curious, were you actually in the check out process for something? Maybe its quicker if you do that. I didn't, I went through this link,,,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/credit-cards? and hit "apply Now" maybe its streamlined if you are in checkout.

al
Nope, wasn't buying as far as I can remember, and there's not anything in my cart as far as I know.

01-23-2022, 06:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Yes I probably worded that poorly.. lol. But it does amount to a savings for me in the amount of state sales tax.... so I will definitely keep using it!
Al
Hey if you don’t want it I will buy it from you! In Canada we only like to pay full retail, discount-that’s an 8 letter word, which is a 4 letter word X 2 ! Enjoy it!