Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-27-2022, 09:27 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
How to selectively back up photos to Amazon Photos

Hello, fellow Pentaxians,

I hope someone can help me with this question. I've done some internet searching and am not finding anything that addresses my specific question.

DH and I will be taking a trip of a lifetime later this year, and I'm (of course!) taking along my KS2. My original plan for backing up photos while traveling was to transfer them to a high capacity SD card using a Samsung tablet and a USB C card reading device. However, I like redundancy for special photos. Since I have Amazon Prime, I'd like to use Prime Photos to back up my back up, as it were.

Amazon Photos for Android appears to want to designate folders to back up from. I'd like to manually create a folder for this trip and designate it. I cannot see how to do this, or if it's even possible, using the app on my tablet or phone. It's very straightforward on my laptop, but I'm not taking that with me on the trip.

Can anyone tell me - or just link me to coherent online instructions for this specific task - how to do this ? Thank you so much for any help!

Sarah

01-27-2022, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #2

On your device, create the folder you will save your photos to, using the Files program.
Open Amazon's Photo app. In the bottom, right hand corner of the app screen, select the "More" button.
On the More screen, select "Settings", and then select "Autosave".
On the "Autosave" screen, select "Manage Folders", and then select 5he folders you want to back up to Prime Photos. The folder must be already on the device to be able to select it. You should also deselect any folders you don't want backed up at this time.

Good luck, and enjoy your holiday!

01-27-2022, 04:20 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would suggest using another/second service. I tried using Amazon Photos and was soon locked out of my account with no reason given. After multiple calls and getting the Better Business Bureau involved, I still have no idea why they locked me out. All they will say is I violated the TOS (but never mentioned a specific rule), and will no longer discuss the issue. So if these are going to be important photos, have redundancy.
01-27-2022, 07:36 PM   #4

You can also back up to Google Photos, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
Google drive is $3 a month for 100 Gb, with the ability to share files, or not, at your whim.

01-27-2022, 08:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another service might be backblaze. The Best Unlimited Online Backup and Cloud Storage Services This would be a general backup, not specifically photos.
01-28-2022, 04:44 PM   #6

Original Poster
Hi to all who replied. I really appreciate your helpful suggestions. Thanks to them, I think I've got it sorted out. Love my fellow Pentaxians!

---------- Post added 01-28-22 at 05:46 PM ----------

Hi, Moonkatt. Thank you for that insight. I will be backing up to some kind of physical media, so the cloud backup will just be for extra insurance. So, hopefully, I'll be ok. Appreciate it!