Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2022, 03:24 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if she'd like to come over and talk lenses over a bottle of wine.....
"Wanted, woman interested in photography... send picture of camera."

03-01-2022, 03:54 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I wonder if she'd like to come over and talk lenses over a bottle of wine....."Wanted, woman interested in photography... send picture of camera."
I'm certain that you could find a nice little wine bar in Old Town Santa Fe. Don't rush things, though. She's probably carrying a dozen lenses in that backpack.

- Craig
03-01-2022, 03:59 PM   #18
IOO

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Harry Moto Quote
It certainly looks like a Pentax MX in black, but it's missing the 'MX' logo that would be on the right side of the lens AND the depth of field preview lever. Hmmm... Otherwise it's a dead ringer.

So I looked it up, (Hello, Google Images) and it could be an MX or an ME, the only visible difference from the front is the Logo, which is missing. Actually, I thought it might be MY old MX when I noticed the notches on the prism cover! Mine had a hard life, worked great until some time in the '90s, despite actual DENTS in the prism cover and various physical evidences of abuse. I miss it.

What it the image is reversed? There isn't anything on the other side, could be left/right reversed. I guess? Already spent way too much time thinking about this! LOL
If you look at the shape of the prism of the MX I think it's narrower at the top than this body.

Pentax MX - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

I've got the ME. MX, LX, Super A, Program A, and MZ-5N, P50 and MG, and I don't think it's any of those. I also have the K2 wich has a prism most like this one....But very hard to be sure.
03-01-2022, 05:13 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Why would they tape that?
It detracts from the appearance and draws attention to the camera. It definitely is not an LX and with the Program A/Program Plus being the only other model in the line with a "stepped" prism housing, the search stops there.

Steve

03-01-2022, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Speaking of Pentax product placements, I was watching the US game show, The Price is Right, with my wife about a week or so ago. The first item up for bid by the initial four contestants was....drum roll...a K-1 Mk11 and K-3 Mk III. I couldn't believe it but the Pentax logo was unmistakable! I don't know what lenses were on the bodies. And I don't remember the announcer's description when they came up for bid. Who knows, maybe Ricoh Us is trying to actually promote the brand!
03-01-2022, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax MV ?

Ok, call me a nerd. I did a bit of sleuthing.

Here's the outfit that did the particular ad campaign, or at least the photography (Elliot Ross studio): https://elliotstudio.com/santa-fe-tourism

Here is the best file I could find of the second image: https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/51b9353ae4b0ac040c25b77c/16111...Tourism_04.jpg

Playing with the image in a couple of my processing programs and comparing to several online images, I would say that the camera is a black Pentax MV. I think the main clue is the shape of the "V".

- Craig
03-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It detracts from the appearance and draws attention to the camera. It definitely is not an LX and with the Program A/Program Plus being the only other model in the line with a "stepped" prism housing, the search stops there.

Steve
I don’t see that stepped prism. The mv looks more likely to me.

03-01-2022, 10:51 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I don’t see that stepped prism. The mv looks more likely to me.

I see what you mean. It might be an MV with the white stripe taped over or another body with a fairly broad prism housing peak.

Steve
03-01-2022, 10:57 PM - 1 Like   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Ok, call me a nerd. I did a bit of sleuthing.

Here's the outfit that did the particular ad campaign, or at least the photography (Elliot Ross studio): https://elliotstudio.com/santa-fe-tourism

Here is the best file I could find of the second image: https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/51b9353ae4b0ac040c25b77c/16111...Tourism_04.jpg

Playing with the image in a couple of my processing programs and comparing to several online images, I would say that the camera is a black Pentax MV. I think the main clue is the shape of the "V".

- Craig
Good work sleuthing! Its c.a.m. for the win!

Steve
03-02-2022, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Good work sleuthing! Its c.a.m. for the win!
LOL. Thanks.

@luftfluss also suggested the MV in Post 5, so we'll share the goal.

- Craig
03-02-2022, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
LOL. Thanks.

@luftfluss also suggested the MV in Post 5, so we'll share the goal.

- Craig
Wait, I was right?!?! Wow...

I guess even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while.