Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2022, 07:41 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I need to retest mine but I'm pretty sure it was live video - obviously it's a KP not a K3iii but dang.

03-18-2022, 09:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Deleted

Last edited by Qwntm; 03-29-2022 at 11:09 AM.
03-18-2022, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My KP does send live video being recorded to my phone using the image sync app, little laggy but it works.
03-20-2022, 01:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Deleted

Last edited by Qwntm; 03-29-2022 at 11:09 AM.
01-04-2023, 01:23 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yuri P. Quote
I use my Android phone as an external monitor. I got inexpensive HDMI grabber from Amazon, mini HDMI cable, and OTG cable for the phone. It replicates my LCD screen on the phone using OTG camera app.
Dear Yuri, I am glad you got your Phone working as an auxiliary Screen for your DSLR. I have an a) older K-5 IIs so no Wireless, b) Android Phones - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S10e / A20 + two nos generic 4G Android Phones, c) original Data Cable that came with the camera, d) original HDMI Cable that came with the camera, d) HDMI Capture Card, e) OTG Cable and + Samsung OTG Adapter, f) APPs some 5 nos downloaded from the Google Play Store.

I have tried 1) OTG + Data Cable method, 2) HDMI Capture Card + HDMI Cable method + with and without the OTG Adapter, 3) the APPs in both methods. None seem to work.
Further reading up on the Internet I find these APPs are for Nikon, Canon, Sony or Fuji Cameras. I cannot find one specifically meant for Pentax DSLRs.

I will be grateful if you can provide the full details: p) photo of your Setup, q) Camera and Phone used, r) Setup using OTG Cable/Adapter or HDMI Capture Card or any other, and most importantly s) the APP you downloaded and use with your setup. t) Also What do you mean by an HDMI Grabber? Is this the same as the HDMI Capture Card I bought on Amazon? A photo of your HDMI Grabber may help.
Thanking you in advance Sir.