Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2022, 02:14 PM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pimpim Quote
There are some open source projects that use the fact that it's Android to deploy custom feature packages for some Sony cameras, eg the a5000, nex 6 etc. Probably also early a7 models. This is different than Samsung's android cameras, updates or access to a store are supposed to be hidden to the user.

If you like doing funky stuff with cameras try a sony a5000 or nex-5r, they're cheap and you can log in via telnet over wifi and mess around, enable clean hdmi etc. Look for ma1co openmemories on github.

I wonder about magiclantern for canon. It seems to not replace the OS but it's sort of a layer on top of it.
At one time I programmed digital radios. We used a “middle ware” that came between the ap and the o/s, so we could install the ap on any o/s, as long as there was “middle ware” for that o/s. Write the middle ware once, then install as many aps as you wanted.

05-10-2022, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Close, I date back to the IBM mainframe DOS/360 & DOS/VSE days
And sadly that all makes compete sense to me.