Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2022, 08:47 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
That may be true as the light ages. However, as the person ages, the color shifts become much less noticeable. I was reading this thinking "color shift?" when I realized that the effects of my age far outweigh any effects of lightbulb age.
Indeed!

The aging eye is nature's sepia toner!

(And anyone who gets cataract surgery in one eye will be shocked by how much less-yellow (= more blue) the world is with the corrected eye.)

05-02-2022, 10:18 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Indeed!

The aging eye is nature's sepia toner!

(And anyone who gets cataract surgery in one eye will be shocked by how much less-yellow (= more blue) the world is with the corrected eye.)
Indeed! After both eyes are done it is a whole new world.
05-02-2022, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

I'll add another word to the B&W or monochrome discussion: "panchromatic". Pan=all. Most "monochrome" sensors are really "panchrome" if we want to get pedantic.

A monochromatic sensor or film could be defined as collecting a single color. B&W film behind a color filter is monochromatic, since only one wavelength (or range of wavelengths) is being collected.

A panchromatic sensor or film detects all wavelengths. B&W film without any filter is panchrome, since light from all colors gets added up onto each pixel or grain.

Depending on how your process/print that mono- or pan- data, the final result can be B&W or tinted monochrome.
05-03-2022, 08:14 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Well, yes, technically they are different, with the meanings you've given. Personally I have never seen a monochrome photo with a colour tint that benefited from that tint - the tint always makes it worse. So, for my purposes and appreciation they are essentially the same.

05-03-2022, 08:57 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Well, yes, technically they are different, with the meanings you've given. Personally I have never seen a monochrome photo with a colour tint that benefited from that tint - the tint always makes it worse. So, for my purposes and appreciation they are essentially the same.
Psychology says that different color triggers different feelings. When the monochrome color meets and supports the photographs story the photograph should benefit from it. Just my two cents.
05-03-2022, 08:58 AM   #21
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joetitch Quote
AFAIK Henry Ford said any colour as long as it's black. (I could be wrong)��
yes, he's famous for that quote. “Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.”

big smiles!

---------- Post added 05-03-22 at 09:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
If anyone has had a wife/girlfriend who owns many shoes - they will know there are many different shades of white.

Anyone that has a wife/girlfriend absolutely know there are many different shades of all colors - big smiles! I haven't met one yet that didn't have many shoes OR many purses....