Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2022, 10:50 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
Sand Dunes 2

Thank you all for all the suggestions and advice regarding shooting sand dunes.

Sorry it took me a while to respond with this posting

Im not sure I like Black and White in Sand dunes but I posted them any ways

Some of you mentioned that you would like to see more perspective and I get it. But this particular place is all horizontal on the ground so theres no buildings or anything else in the background.

Thanks again.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-19-2022, 01:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice series. I like the second color image best, with its b&w version coming in as close second place.
I think the monochrome versions can be pushed a little further in pp though.
05-19-2022, 04:49 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree that this is a nice series. I like all of the images. There's something about the shadows and their zigzag patterns that I like in the first image, especially in the closest part of the image. In the second image , I like the repeating patterns of peaks and valleys. Again, I like the closest part of the image best. I think all of these images are much improved. Thanks for sharing.
05-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Well done. Big improvements over the 1st set. Since there's no obvious "subject" in these photos and fewer distractions, viewers feel encouraged to look around the entire image.

I was one of the posters who suggested trying B&W. With this set, though, the color and B&W are equally appealing. The improved composition is the main factor.

I notice you lowered the ISO, too. That gives better contrast, less noise, nicer color; it's a subtle yet significant difference.