Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
06-01-2022, 09:20 PM - 12 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My Scale Models Gallery website

Hello,

As some of you know, I'm into building scale models. I've been building scale models longer than I've been into photography. I get to combine 2 passions: Scale models and photography, with the goal of creating realistic images.
I've been working on my online gallery for years to share this wonderful hobby. It is an eternal work in process. I have revamped it and want to share it.
This is phase 1. Next phase, which will take about 2 eternities to complete, is to create an individual page for each and every model with additional pictures and details about construction, anecdotes etc. As of now, only a handful have been done. It will also give me an opportunity to re-photograph many models built over a decade ago with the latest techniques. You can see the difference in the quality of the photographs throughout the gallery as it has progressed over time.

So may I present to you my "eternally under construction" personal Scale Models Gallery

My Scale Models by Ismael Gonzalez

How do you like it? What's your favorite?

Thanks,
Ismael

06-01-2022, 09:28 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Amazing work Ismael!
06-01-2022, 10:10 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Wonderful that your hobby of photography has given you the perfect tool to showcase your other hobby of model building, Ismael.

You do both very, very well.
06-01-2022, 11:33 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

747 is my favourite...

06-01-2022, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, that's a really impressive collection, Ismael... Clearly a huge amount of work went into building, finishing, displaying and photographing these! Very, very well done, sir

It's really difficult to pick a favourite as there are so many that I like - but if forced to choose one, I think I'd go with the Concept Camaro. Despite your claims that the "quick" three-week build resulted in a "far from perfect" result, it looks incredible to me. The modifications, interior detail, paint job and garage setting are superb - in fact, in a couple of the photos it's impossible to tell this is a scale model rather than a real car in a real garage. Amazing work, my friend
06-02-2022, 04:27 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
What's your favorite?
Yellow GT1 C6r from behind but all of them look great!
06-02-2022, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Adelaide, South Australia: Don't tell anyone how good it is, please.
Photos: Albums
You do a great job: I've only ever done a couple, and rough: No painting..

I pulled out a kit I bought many years ago, the Nissan R34 Calsonic race car... but asking around I got told quick smart to practice on something else first: that's now a desirable kit...
So I bought 5 kits IIRC for when I got locked down with covid.... but I was lucky, my business was able to operate right through... so I now have a huge pile of shame....

06-02-2022, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #8
Forum Member

Great work! I've only looked at the corvettes so far, but for a moment I forgot I was actually looking at models!
06-02-2022, 07:44 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The link to further photos of the "Revell of Germany 1/25 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (curbside)" leads to a "Page not Found" at modelcarsmag.com
06-02-2022, 08:13 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Great collection! The "showroom" set works really well for the cars. The modified Hotwheels are really neat, too. The "action shot" of the Power Rocket LSR reminds me of the "rolling road" special effects shots from old Gwerry Anderson TV shows like Thunderbirds. Very cool!

Here's a link to some work by someone who's done quite amazing stuff coming up with "realistic" shots of model subjects: Whif / What-if models: Later Soviet/Russian aircraft | Flickr

Here's a link to "behind the scenes" of his photo techniques: Behind the (photo) scenes | Flickr

His set-up is pretty simple. It looks like he's using a point and shoot camera and a printed photo backdrop. Excellent lighting really sells his shots, with particular attention paid to matching the lighting of his models with the lighting in his chosen background.

Last edited by Thagomizer; 06-02-2022 at 08:33 AM.
06-02-2022, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice work! I used to build models back in the 1960's, but they never looked as good as yours.

Phil.
06-02-2022, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a long way to go with the few I do. The last one I completed was a BMW 507 but it was a pine wood derby car and that was a few years ago. I wanted to do a 300 SL Gullwing as my PWD magnum opus but didn't have the time. As an adult with kids in scouts (the youngest recently bridged out of cub scouts) my goal with my PWD cars was to have them look good even if they barely finish because someone has to lose and this way every kid's car should be able to beat some one but mine look good losing and everyone gets a good look at it. I still want to make a MB 300SL Gullwing as a PWD car so maybe next year when the troop assists the pack I will have created one.
06-02-2022, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great work! Love the paint scheme on the ME 262..
06-03-2022, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

So many to choose from and all fantastic.I’ll plump for the Porsche Boxster!
06-08-2022, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian

Wow, Ismael, that is some serious work there! Looking great!!!!! My fave is that sweet looking ME-262 - the camo (airbrushed?) paintjob is superb.