Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 240 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2022, 05:40 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps Ned was a bit ahead of his time? Nowadays it's perfectly normal for Pentax shooters to also shoot with other systems, most here do that... (I'm an exception, still Pentax-only, but don't care what others shoot)

06-07-2022, 05:54 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Ned might chime in and give us an update if someone alerts him to this thread.
06-07-2022, 06:50 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I lurked here for a couple years before I joined. Mainly because at the time I was using Oly dslrs and was on the fence about moving on from those. This group help me make that decision when Oly finally dropped their dslr line up.
06-07-2022, 07:30 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
"Not dead yet " or "Only mostly Dead"

I often wonder how many of the people in the "Welcomes and Introductions" section are still active 365 days later.
The list of members sorted by join date is riddled with “new member” statuses. I’d say there’s a portion of people that join and don’t participate. They could observe… but sampling a few names shows most of those “old new members” just stopped signing in at some point.

06-07-2022, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I did not join that early (judging by the lifespan of "modern digital photography", whatever that means), not very active recently, but still an avid Pentax photographer

Last edited by LensBeginner; 06-07-2022 at 07:36 AM.
06-07-2022, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
Mainly because at the time I was using Oly dslrs and was on the fence about moving on from those. This group help me make that decision when Oly finally dropped their dslr line up.
Ah I see. So you you switched to Pentax after getting information about cameras and lenses in Pentaxforums. But what Pentax features or characteristics made you decide to go for Pentax as opposed to another brand like Canon or Nikon?
06-07-2022, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I actually met Ned Bunnell at a Pentax promotional event for the K-7 and some lenses. I still have my free Pentax pen.

06-07-2022, 08:06 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I actually met Ned Bunnell at a Pentax promotional event for the K-7 and some lenses. I still have my free Pentax pen.
I still have my K7.

(wasn’t free…)
06-07-2022, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Ah I see. So you you switched to Pentax after getting information about cameras and lenses in Pentaxforums. But what Pentax features or characteristics made you decide to go for Pentax as opposed to another brand like Canon or Nikon?
Canon was never an option, Nikon was. I own(ed) Pentax & Ricoh film cameras in the past and really liked them. I went with Oly because my 1st digital was an Oly Camedia back in the late 90's & progressed to the D series then dslr E series starting in early 2000's, leaving not long after they announce they were no longer making dslr's and I had no interest in mirrorless which I still don't.

My main attraction was that I could use any Pentax or Ricoh lens ever made so that was my primary reasoning. Pentax was a lot like my Oly's feature wise with larger less prone to noise sensors. What was swaying me from Pentax was the ibis stabilization was not as advanced as Oly but neither were the other two cameras and I had grown accustom liking having an adjustable lcd like I had on my Oly's but I felt I could live without it until they caught up, which now I have with my K1 mk2. I acknowledge other camera makes have features that many would prefer Ricoh/Pentax come out with but most of it has been beyond my requirements. I've never had a problem with any of my cameras or lens so I haven't been unsatisfied with the quality. I've now paired all of my gear down to full frame as the K1 mkll does everything including cropped imaging so I dont feel the need to carry anything else.
06-07-2022, 11:27 AM - 5 Likes   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Pentax forums is like a big meeting room. Some enter, some leave, and some linger longer that is strictly decent. But I think some just can't find the exit.
Just like that hotel in California.
06-07-2022, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #26
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
If the forum ever gets to... "Please bring me my wine" "He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here" "Since 1969"

I'm off.
06-07-2022, 04:30 PM - 3 Likes   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
If the forum ever gets to... "Please bring me my wine" "He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here" "Since 1969"

I'm off.
You mean, "He said, 'We haven't had that SP here" "Since 1969"
06-07-2022, 04:33 PM - 2 Likes   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
I was thinking more like,

"In the room Pentaxians come and go
Talking of Michelangelo..."
06-07-2022, 07:56 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I remember that thread. I don't post much (never did), but still check in several times a week to catch up on the latest here.
06-07-2022, 08:29 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ashurbanipal Quote
I remember that thread. I don't post much (never did), but still check in several times a week to catch up on the latest here.
Nice to hear from you then. I’m not good at not posting. Lol.