Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2022, 04:31 AM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

I imagine that most of them are not using their gear much. Just as many people buy a starter ILC then find that it doesn't magically make all their photos fantastic and leave it aside to be sold years later, many will post excitedly at the beginning and then lose interest.

07-04-2022, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I stumbled into this thread:
Ned gets a new camera - PentaxForums.com

It struck me how few of these posters are still posting here. Then as in the past I wondered what happened to them. Did they move on? Did they pass away? Did they get banned? Do they still shoot Pentax?

Just musing.
I’ve noticed that there are maybe a few dozen “core” posters whom I see all over the Forums. I suspect that lots of others are content to lurk and learn without posting much. Some may lose interest in posting. I can only handle so much on a computer, then I have to get away from it for a while.
07-05-2022, 03:27 PM - 3 Likes   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm in the first 6380 members, page 213, , still use Pentax, have some of the newish kit, have had my fur ruffled once or twice by some of the more exuberant members might have even ruffled some back!

Last edited by robbiec; 07-05-2022 at 04:05 PM.
07-05-2022, 06:30 PM - 2 Likes   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I looked and found myself on page 21.

Does that make me really old, or just a little nuts.

07-05-2022, 08:06 PM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote

OK, I don't rate at all. I'm on page 618, which is VERY undistinguished.

However, I am on page 4 when ranked by likes! But that is very limp compared to the guys who have been here forever. I didn't buy into Pentax till 2011. Sorry I missed those exciting early years.

I think those on the first page should henceforth be referred to as the "Founding Fathers" (I suspect they are all men), and regarded with awe.
07-05-2022, 09:10 PM - 2 Likes   #81
Veteran Member

Interesting thread. I joined in 2/1/2007 and am on page 23. Never really posted much over the years. Started out good but them work/life got in the way and wandered off for a time. Now that I am retired, I think I would like to contribute more. This is a great community and site and hats off to the great mods here. I added some m43 kit to my equipment and wandered over to the DPR m43 forum. Just a night and day difference. I got so turned off at the really rude behavior that seems to be not well moderated. I will not go back. I do not see myself ever not having a Pentax camera, but even if I went all in on m43 I would probably hang out here anyway It's just that great of a place.
07-05-2022, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by R.Miller Quote
Interesting thread. I joined in 2/1/2007 and am on page 23. Never really posted much over the years. Started out good but them work/life got in the way and wandered off for a time. Now that I am retired, I think I would like to contribute more. This is a great community and site and hats off to the great mods here. I added some m43 kit to my equipment and wandered over to the DPR m43 forum. Just a night and day difference. I got so turned off at the really rude behavior that seems to be not well moderated. I will not go back. I do not see myself ever not having a Pentax camera, but even if I went all in on m43 I would probably hang out here anyway It's just that great of a place.
True indeed. I spend some time on the Sony forums on dpreview and the moderation is extremely loose. I much prefer here. This is a family and a home.

07-05-2022, 10:25 PM - 1 Like   #83
Veteran Member

I've spent no time on other camera related forums, and not really that much here yet (I'm sure I don't rank very high in any of the metrics folks are checking on in this thread) either. But I can definitely say that compared to the other forums on the internet I've dipped my toes into, this place is a wonderful oasis of humanity. In fact, most people are more friendly, supportive, and helpful here than even a lot of real life environments I've been involved in.

And lest we forget to mention it, even without the forums, this website would be a terrific resource just for the reviews database, articles, and various comparison and "-finder" tools.
07-05-2022, 11:54 PM - 1 Like   #84
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Both!
07-06-2022, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Grandee
07-06-2022, 02:53 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
OK, I don't rate at all. I'm on page 618, which is VERY undistinguished.

However, I am on page 4 when ranked by likes! But that is very limp compared to the guys who have been here forever. I didn't buy into Pentax till 2011. Sorry I missed those exciting early years.

I think those on the first page should henceforth be referred to as the "Founding Fathers" (I suspect they are all men), and regarded with awe.
I'm apparently fifth on the likes page. It appears to me that posting lots of images is the way to accrue likes.

(The most exciting area of the Forum was always the politics and religion section. Things settled down considerably when it closed.)
07-06-2022, 02:56 AM   #87
Pentaxian

I'm on page 235, joining on the 24th of April 2009, so I've been here for over thirteen years, wow. I don't remember if I joined before or after I got my K200D but Pentax Forums have guided me almost since I first became interested in photography.
07-06-2022, 03:20 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote

(The most exciting area of the Forum was always the politics and religion section. Things settled down considerably when it closed.)

News and rumours seems positively tame in comparison
07-06-2022, 05:42 AM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
How are you guys finding the page you are on????

Are you sorting and then paging going to each page? I can find where I am by posts or likes since I’m very prolific and not very deep in the list but I’m unclear how to find what my origin page is.
07-06-2022, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I stumbled into this thread:
Ned gets a new camera - PentaxForums.com

It struck me how few of these posters are still posting here. Then as in the past I wondered what happened to them. Did they move on? Did they pass away? Did they get banned? Do they still shoot Pentax?

Just musing.
All of the above may apply of course.

I just checked myself and now I feel old... I joined just over 15 years ago in 2007 Had to look it up but that was when I got the K110D (my first Pentax body after the K1000 I bought back in the seventies when I was 16yo). That is scary!!!