Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2022, 12:44 PM   #16

Irix Dragonfly150/2.8 ?
Not much wrong with this lens's specs. Incredibly sharp, fantastic design and feel, more aperture blades than you have fingers, bokeh to dream about, and some of the best colour, contrast and distortion/abberation characteristics, if not the best, in its class.
Weather sealing, adjustable focus ring resistance, tripod foot, and excellent value for money.
I would have paid 50% more than rrp.

08-31-2022, 01:15 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ironyman Quote
Irix Dragonfly150/2.8 ?
Weather sealing, adjustable focus ring resistance, tripod foot, and excellent value for money.
I agree, this lens is excellent.
This lens has only one drawback: it is almost physically impossible to couple it with a teleconverter or with extension rings.
08-31-2022, 01:53 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tryphon4 Quote
I agree, this lens is excellent.
This lens has only one drawback: it is almost physically impossible to couple it with a teleconverter or with extension rings.
I don't intend to use them on any analog cameras, so I removed the aperture simulator from mine (1.7x TC and the smallest in a set of rings with A-contacts). Alternatively, one would have to modify the Irix bayonet. The same problem exists with the Laowa 100mm 2x macro, btw.

I actually like the TC combo a lot, no craving for any longer, impossible to find macro lenses anymore. There is very nice detail at 1.7x (see e.g. https://flic.kr/p/2narpLU, a handheld 5 imagae stack), and renders equally beautiful as the lens on its own, like in https://flic.kr/p/2n7vYxY, with excellent transition zones both in the foreground and in the background.

Last edited by JensE; 08-31-2022 at 02:13 PM.