Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2022, 09:00 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Adelaide, South Australia: Don't tell anyone how good it is, please.
Photos: Albums
Seen a Pentax User Picture Submitted in the Australian Geographic Comp

Just by luck we were in Adelaide CBD, and popped into the Museum, and the Australian Geographic Photo exhibition was there. We really enjoyed it.

I only seen one pentax image sadly (pretty sure it was only one): Image 5, on this page AG Nature Photographer of the Year 2022: Urban Animals shortlist - Australian Geographic

I reckon there's an opening for someone to make waves in the astro-photography class with astrotracer

10-26-2022, 11:11 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice "Feeling a bit Green" with a K-1
10-27-2022, 03:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great images, thanks for sharing!
10-27-2022, 08:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aussie Matt Quote
I reckon there's an opening for someone to make waves in the astro-photography class with astrotrace
Indeed. I counted five Canon, two Nikon, two Sony and one Pentax shots. That is not so bad. That makes Pentax 10% of the total. If Pentax could stay at 10% in any of these postings, we are in business. I am afraid the Pentax overall recognition is much less than 10%. it is a game of numbers. There are simply a lot more of the other three brand's cameras out there than Pentax. A Pentax camera could have easily taken any of the other nine images.

10-27-2022, 01:16 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just by luck we were in Adelaide CBD, and popped into the Museum, and the Australian Geographic Photo exhibition was there. We really enjoyed it.

I only seen one pentax image sadly (pretty sure it was only one): Image 5, on this page AG Nature Photographer of the Year 2022: Urban Animals shortlist - Australian Geographic

I reckon there's an opening for someone to make waves in the astro-photography class with astrotracer
I guess it is from https://www.peterabery.com.au/
( more nice pictures )
10-27-2022, 01:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Indeed. I counted five Canon, two Nikon, two Sony and one Pentax shots. That is not so bad. That makes Pentax 10% of the total. If Pentax could stay at 10% in any of these postings, we are in business. I am afraid the Pentax overall recognition is much less than 10%. it is a game of numbers. There are simply a lot more of the other three brand's cameras out there than Pentax. A Pentax camera could have easily taken any of the other nine images.
Notable also is that the majority of cameras cited are DSLRs.
10-31-2022, 06:46 AM   #7

more than one!

I only seen one pentax image sadly (pretty sure it was only one): Image 5, on this page https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/photography/nature-photographer-of-t...als-shortlist/AG Nature Photographer of the Year 2022: Urban Animals shortlist - Australian Geographic[/URL]

Hi, i also looked through these great pictures and voilá: there is another Pentax image!
Its image 3 on this page https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/photography/nature-photographer-of-t...act-shortlist/AG Nature Photographer of the Year 2022: Our Impact shortlist - Australian Geographic

So I reckon we have to recalculate the percentage mentioned above.

Last edited by JHvD; 10-31-2022 at 07:20 AM.
10-31-2022, 06:54 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Adelaide, South Australia: Don't tell anyone how good it is, please.
Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JHvD Quote
Hi, i also looked through these great pictures and voilá: there is another Pentax image!
Oh yes! I did see that...

---------- Post added 10-31-22 at 06:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mlag Quote
I guess it is from https://www.peterabery.com.au/
( more nice pictures )
I think you're right: His astro struff is from K1 by the looks.
His shots are really nice.