Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2023, 05:25 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ah, I missed the 'manual focus' part

In that case make sure the diopter is set correctly for your eyesight as @OrchidJulie suggested.

I usually set the focus ring to the desired distance/magnification and focus by moving the camera to, or from, the intended subject when doing macro photography.

04-03-2023, 03:06 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Don't know if this fits the K1, but I find it a great help with MF lenses on my K3 (once, as @OrchidJulie says, the diopter is correct - and I find with my eyes even this may need adjusting occasionally - I try to remember to check it before setting out). I know it is more to carry, too, but if I intend macro work, I use a tripod and a focusing rail to adjust and stabilise the camera position.

PENTAX Magnifier Eyecup O-ME53 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
04-04-2023, 09:03 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
@OrchidJulie, thank you! I adjusted the diopter. I also (as per the other recommendations here) stopped down and increased the shutter speed. The shots I took are looking much better!
04-04-2023, 09:05 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
@OrchidJulie, thank you! I adjusted the diopter. I also (as per the other recommendations here) stopped down and increased the shutter speed. The shots I took are looking much better!
You're welcome! Glad to help! And that's good news, thrilled to hear it!

04-05-2023, 10:37 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad we could help.
06-10-2023, 10:21 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Even with your help, the shots tend to be rather hit-and-miss. It seems more "miss" these days. I tend to get better focus from my analogue lenses than the digital ones. Even when I'm shooting photos that aren't macro, there can be problems.

I'm not sure what to do. I've adjusted the diopter. The camera flashes red and shows the little green icon at the bottom when the image is supposed to be focused - only when I take the photo, it's often out of focus. Is it the camera? The lenses? Me?

Last edited by Photogoof; 06-21-2023 at 10:26 AM.