Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2023, 11:53 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Copying and pasting in Flickr

Until recently if a few people made comments on one of my images in Flickr I could copy and paste their "names"/links into a new comment and thank them. Now the "copy" function is no longer available and I don't want to type them all out in full. What's going on?

04-17-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do the same thing. I just used the Android version to issue a couple of thank yous, and it worked fine.
04-17-2023, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Until recently if a few people made comments on one of my images in Flickr I could copy and paste their "names"/links into a new comment and thank them. Now the "copy" function is no longer available and I don't want to type them all out in full. What's going on?
On the web version I just use the "reply" function. It references them
04-17-2023, 12:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks jcdoss and pschlute. Now I can't copy from PF pages either - maybe it's a Microsoft thing. And I can't seem to find a "reply" function on the Flickr page! See what happens when I take one step outside my well-worn habits?

04-17-2023, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And I can't seem to find a "reply" function on the Flickr page! See what happens when I take one step outside my well-worn habits?
Roll over the comment you wish to reply to...... it will change appearance and the reply icon will be visible.
04-17-2023, 02:00 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Roll over the comment you wish to reply to...... it will change appearance and the reply icon will be visible.
Thank you so much - that worked! But I don't know why the other "copy" function was disabled.
04-17-2023, 02:43 PM   #7
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you so much - that worked! But I don't know why the other "copy" function was disabled.
Steven, I just tried in Flickr and had no problem selecting the text of a comment and copying/pasting it (using Windows 10, Ctrl+C to copy, Ctrl+V to paste) into a new comment box (or anywhere else). Is the copy/paste function working in other programs on your computer? If not maybe an issue with the clipboard or something?

BTW, I've been mostly offline for some time and haven't had the pleasure of checking your recent images in Flickr. On a quick skim, just a wealth of sensational images. I'm full of admiration at how you maintain such a high standard while being so fecund. For any PF members who would like to see them, here's a link: Steven | Flickr

04-18-2023, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
BTW, I've been mostly offline for some time and haven't had the pleasure of checking your recent images in Flickr. On a quick skim, just a wealth of sensational images. I'm full of admiration at how you maintain such a high standard while being so fecund. For any PF members who would like to see them, here's a link: Steven | Flickr
Thank you very much Des - I wasn't expecting that! Maybe the secret is carrying the GRIII around as well as the K3iii/telephoto so that I can change things around if the birding goes flat. I hope you will be able to participate more in the forum and post more images now.