Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2023, 05:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos from a recent horse show and trying the share feature with lightroom

So, I usually use lightroom on my phone and never really tried the online option. Since I had a few minutes at work, I tried it out. Here is the link of 9 photos. Some are edited, some are not. I chose just a handful quickly to post and get opinions. There is one photo that looked decent on mobile but when I see the lady posted it to her facebook page, I saw it on the computer and thought, wow, thats blurry. So thats why I tried the lightroom online so I could see if it was just because it had been text msg'd around and maybe wasn't full quality.

June 6, 2023 by Derek Bazinet

Let me know if theres issues with the link. Its my first time trying it out.

As i get more time, I may add more to that album.

06-06-2023, 07:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like it works. Can you do an embedded single image with BBCODE?
06-06-2023, 07:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Looks like it works. Can you do an embedded single image with BBCODE?
Not sure what that even means....I never ventured past the auto settings in lightroom the few times i've used it. I'm assuming, its just doing a single image up on the forum so that there is no link?
06-06-2023, 08:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dirwood Quote
Not sure what that even means....I never ventured past the auto settings in lightroom the few times i've used it. I'm assuming, its just doing a single image up on the forum so that there is no link?
Yes. Like this from Flickr:

IMGP1163_DxO by -vanya_42nd-

06-06-2023, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A lot images that look great on a phone screen don't hold up well when shown larger.
06-06-2023, 07:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dirwood Quote
So, I usually use lightroom on my phone and never really tried the online option. Since I had a few minutes at work, I tried it out. Here is the link of 9 photos. Some are edited, some are not. I chose just a handful quickly to post and get opinions. There is one photo that looked decent on mobile but when I see the lady posted it to her facebook page, I saw it on the computer and thought, wow, thats blurry. So thats why I tried the lightroom online so I could see if it was just because it had been text msg'd around and maybe wasn't full quality.

June 6, 2023 by Derek Bazinet

Let me know if theres issues with the link. Its my first time trying it out.

As i get more time, I may add more to that album.
That's cool. I noticed that in Lightroom a few days ago, but had no idea how it works as I've not tried it.
06-07-2023, 04:38 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
A lot images that look great on a phone screen don't hold up well when shown larger.
Yes, I noticed once I saw they posted them on facebook. I mean, they weren't complaining as they didn't pay for them nor did they ask me to take pictures. They are friends of my wife so I just took pictures and shared. Figured it would be good practice. I used my KP with 55-300plm. I believe I had shutter speed set to 1/2000 with F7.1 and auto iso.

---------- Post added 06-07-23 at 07:39 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That's cool. I noticed that in Lightroom a few days ago, but had no idea how it works as I've not tried it.
It gives options to allow editing and downloading for other people as well. Seems neat but I don't really know anyone else that uses lightroom to give it a shot.

06-07-2023, 04:52 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It seems like a real easy way to share images with a select audience.
06-07-2023, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
So true, and even when applied backwards: images, that don't hold up to my "quality standards" on the big screen, regarding sharpness, colours,... often look very good on the small screen. So even when I strive towards, well not exactly perfection, but an image that holds up to zooming in to 100%, and I "failed" in that regard, sometimes it's still a good image for the resolution and size it will be viewed at most by others. I think there's quite some comfort in that way of thought.