Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2009, 06:52 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Watched a wildlife program a few times where a clinically insane south african pushes a samsung into various unsuspecting creature's faces.

Old pentax SLRs do seem to crop up in a few movies, i just cant remember which...

01-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw Pentax being used on the TV program NCIS. Anyone else notice this?

Tom G
01-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
I haven't had a lot to do during the holidays so I have been watching a bit of TV. As I was flipping around the channels I happened to stop and watch a bit of the 1964 movie "A Hard Days Night" by the Beatles. I could hardly believe my eyes as I see Ringo sporting a Pentax SLR during one scene. It might just be a prop as he eventually dunks it in a pond taking a self portrait, but there it is for the world to see.

Has anyone else seen Pentax cameras used in movies?
Funny, I watched this DVD (again) just before Christmas as I was giving a copy to a co-worker. I noticed it...
01-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw Pentax being used on the TV program NCIS. Anyone else notice this?

Tom G
Yep I've noticed that. But these crime investigation programs use so many prop-cameras that a pentax is bound to crop up.

01-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the dSLRs was used in the American remake of Shutter last year. K100D or K10D IIRC.
01-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alohadave Quote
One of the dSLRs was used in the American remake of Shutter last year. K100D or K10D IIRC.
Like all PG13 horror movie the movie suck.
Here is the trailer and if you fast forward to 0:35 sec, you will see the Pentax camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxDl2-qnVs
01-05-2009, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #22
Inactive Account

I want to hold your... Pentax

Not from movies, but Beatles anyway...

Based on the meter and coupling this looks like a later H3v/SV or an H1/S1 or H1a/S1a.

and another... If you look really close (Mike!) you'll see faintly that this looks to have the self-timer dial on the top deck... this can ONLY be an H3v/SV...

That puts Pentax in all but John's hands...

woof!

01-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote

Tom G
Yes, I saw it, but it was only visible for a moment.

Steve
03-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #24

There's a dedicated thread for American Gangster, but I decided to post here since this message thread is not two years old.

I just now watched the movie for the first time and wow, I can recommend it to everybody who's into good crime dramas. Very good! There was some eye poking product placement. Here's some stills, click to enlarge - ~140 KB a piece.

Some other camera brands of the time made appearance also. If you are a heavy blinker, you'll miss 'em, since they are not so prominent.

03-17-2009, 03:46 AM   #25

I don't have a screenshot of it, but I know that in the original Night Stalker movie, Kolchack is running around snapping shots with a Spotmatic. This was before his Rollei 16 that he used for the rest of the episodes. I always enjoyed that show.

Last edited by MBrannon; 05-10-2011 at 10:41 PM.
03-17-2009, 06:10 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Femme fatale (2002)
Antonio Banderas is playing a paparazzi using Minolta and Pentax gear.
03-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Not from movies, but Beatles anyway...

Based on the meter and coupling this looks like a later H3v/SV or an H1/S1 or H1a/S1a.

and another... If you look really close (Mike!) you'll see faintly that this looks to have the self-timer dial on the top deck... this can ONLY be an H3v/SV...

That puts Pentax in all but John's hands...

woof!
Not to hijack the thread... but forget the Pentax for a minute... I want to fly in a plane with windows that big! Dang sight better than the postage stamp windows we have now-a-days (I know, they didnt fly as high back then so could have bigger windows)...

Mike
03-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Not to hijack the thread... but forget the Pentax for a minute... I want to fly in a plane with windows that big! Dang sight better than the postage stamp windows we have now-a-days (I know, they didnt fly as high back then so could have bigger windows)...

Mike
It's the de Haviland Comet. Redesigned after the original square windows caused crashes from stress fractures at the window corners.

de Havilland Comet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #29
Dan
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SuperAkuma Quote
Like all PG13 horror movie the movie suck.
Here is the trailer and if you fast forward to 0:35 sec, you will see the Pentax camera.

YouTube - Shutter 2008 Trailer
Interesting trailer. Apparently the kit lens has more of a problem with ghosting than I thought!
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"La Moutarde me Monte au Nez" French film from Claude Zidi (1974)
[Teacher leave the kids alone !]
Asahi Pentax Camera with a 400mm Takumar ?