Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 279 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2021, 12:02 AM   #421
Veteran Member

I found one Pentax camera, even if not a movie or tv, but in an interesting and unexpected place: the "in use" product photo of a Platypod ultra tripod.

Also saw an unidentified Pentax camera, used by a researcher and elephant seal hunter in a documentary on national german tv. It was mostly about the tribes that live near the north pole.

Attached Images

01-28-2021, 01:30 PM   #422
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just started watching "no te puede esconder" A Spanish series on netflix. There is a photographer with a larger role in it, and he has a whole set of pentax gear (just saw first episode, and there were multiple bodies and lenses)
02-01-2021, 05:37 AM   #423
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
Just started watching "no te puede esconder" A Spanish series on netflix. There is a photographer with a larger role in it, and he has a whole set of pentax gear (just saw first episode, and there were multiple bodies and lenses)
Film or digital?

Good find, this could be one of the rare series that my Mrs and I can both watch, and Eduardo Noriega is a superb actor. Slight spelling correction: "No te puedes esconder" (You can't hide).
02-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #424
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Film or digital?

Good find, this could be one of the rare series that my Mrs and I can both watch, and Eduardo Noriega is a superb actor. Slight spelling correction: "No te puedes esconder" (You can't hide).
I was not sure how to interpret your comment, but just looked and it is available in English and Spanish both! Yay!

Steve

02-01-2021, 11:50 PM   #425
Pentaxian

Film or digital?

digital. You can see the *lenses on table
02-02-2021, 07:30 AM   #426
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I was not sure how to interpret your comment, but just looked and it is available in English and Spanish both! Yay!

Steve
Sorry, I meant something we would both like. Thrillers tend to be common ground - nothing sci-fi or horror that she wouldn't like and nothing with too much drama/gossip/girly-back-stabbing that would turn me off. I can't abide dubbing and mostly we watch English-language original stuff but it's good to watch something in Spanish too, especially if I find and suggest it (gets me brownie points).
02-10-2021, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #427
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
I started watching this last night and the DA* gear is clear, though I'm not sure what camera he uses. He likes photographing dead people - so he's found the perfect subject for Pentax's famous AF

02-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #428
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
He likes photographing dead people - so he's found the perfect subject for Pentax's famous AF
He won't need a very high fps either.
02-28-2021, 04:06 AM   #429
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday evening I watched a wonderful documentation on the Arte tv channel (German tv) - two French photographers in the Antarctis at Adelie Land for 2 months - happened in 2016.

Wonderful images from above and under water - Nature Photographers Vincent Munier and Laurent Ballesta.

Munier seems / seemed to shoot Nikon DSLRs but also the Pentax 645Z.

The movie "Antarktis - Die Reise der Pinguine" (I'd translate it as "Antarctica - The Journey of The Penguins") will be available on the internet until 25th of Augugst 2021. Here's the link. Enjoy!

Even if you don't understand the German language - the images speak for themselves - highly recommended!

I guess there’s also are at least French and English language version available - somewhere somehow.

The Pentax 645Z you'll clearly recognise in the scenery between Minute 41:20 and 42:32. At 42:32 the top Pentax cover is shown in full glory.

When I saw it, I immediately thought I'd look for the movie on the internet to post it here. Found it!

Munier seems to have made a book of the images made - if interested, you find it on Munier‘s website. (hope it is allowed to post?!)

I think there are some very good nature photographers using the 645Z in addition to DSLRs. For them and us I hope we'll see a 645Z successor using the newest tech soon!

Last edited by acoufap; 02-28-2021 at 04:50 AM.
05-08-2021, 10:37 AM   #430
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Brewster’s Millions (1985) is the movie where I spotted Pentax (don’t know which one). Detective who spy Brewster has taking him photos from tribune on stadium (somewhere at the beginning of movie). Funny thing is when Brewster hire him as a private photo journalist for ridiculous amount of money, next time we see him with Nikon.
05-09-2021, 01:07 AM - 1 Like   #431
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LukaszWro Quote
Brewster’s Millions (1985) is the movie where I spotted Pentax (don’t know which one). Detective who spy Brewster has taking him photos from tribune on stadium (somewhere at the beginning of movie). Funny thing is when Brewster hire him as a private photo journalist for ridiculous amount of money, next time we see him with Nikon.
All that money must have gone to his head.
05-22-2021, 09:20 PM   #432
Pentaxian

A new series on BBC2 (UK) and ABC(AUS) is "A Life in Ten Pictures". Frst episode is about Freddy Mercury an one of the photographers while sharing some shots taken by his MF rig also showed his Spotmatic in the frame.

This is an interesting series from a photography viewpoint. John Lennon is in the series so more Asahi Pentax cameras may be featured.
06-02-2021, 07:14 AM - 5 Likes   #433

Photos: Albums
A few days ago I was watching "Slaying the Badger" and saw this...

Shooting at a Tour de France stage finish with a 67!!!
Attached Images

07-31-2021, 12:50 AM   #434
Closed Account

Pentax in the Media

Whether it be on/in television, a movie, newspaper, or even spoke about on the radio, please post something here where a Pentax camera is featured.

I'll start:

Attached Images

07-31-2021, 02:05 AM   #435
Pentaxian

I wonder if Ringo Starr is still a Pentaxian. Perhaps lurking here under one of the impenetrable names.