Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 83 Likes Search this Thread
05-13-2014, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #61
bik

Absolutely perfect!
Nominated!

Last edited by bik; 05-14-2014 at 11:05 AM.
05-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by generaldelivery Quote
Great picture! Nominated!
QuoteOriginally posted by bik Quote
bik New Member Join Date: Mar 2013 Posts: 6 | Likes: 2 Absolutely perfect! Nominated!
Thank you generaldelivery and bik for all these kind words. I really appreciate your comments as well as your nominations!

>>-manntax-->
05-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #63

Must be a great shot with a great story but it dosent seem to be loading in the gallery,would love to see it?
05-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #64
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice portrait. Looks great in Black and White with the Black background.

05-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dasher Quote
Must be a great shot with a great story but it dosent seem to be loading in the gallery,would love to see it?
Thank you for your comment - I hope that the photo loads for you now - not sure why it wasn't loading to be honest.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevemgap Quote
Very nice portrait. Looks great in Black and White with the Black background.
Thanks for your appreciation - that means a lot !

>>-manntax-->
05-19-2014, 01:11 PM - 1 Like   #66

I nominate this photo because of the storytelling, the expression and composition.
05-19-2014, 11:10 PM - 1 Like   #67

Nominated. Great portrait

05-20-2014, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I nominate this photo for the subject's powerful expression.
05-20-2014, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #69

I nominate it.
It's a great portrait and black and white is not escalating the contrast but instead making him more human. I liked also the story about the photo, I had many times the feeling that it's not permitted to shoot a photo.
And many times it happens also that shooting the photo is like to stealing from my mind: better enjoy the moment and look at the photo like it would have been :-)
05-21-2014, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nominated. It's a simple yet powerful portrait. And I love the story the behind it as well.
05-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeandroMendes Quote
I nominate this photo because of the storytelling, the expression and composition.
QuoteOriginally posted by gianfranco.sbt Quote
Nominated. Great portrait
QuoteOriginally posted by chesebert Quote
I nominate this photo for the subject's powerful expression.
QuoteOriginally posted by pietro_d Quote
I nominate it. It's a great portrait and black and white is not escalating the contrast but instead making him more human. I liked also the story about the photo, I had many times the feeling that it's not permitted to shoot a photo. And many times it happens also that shooting the photo is like to stealing from my mind: better enjoy the moment and look at the photo like it would have been :-)
QuoteOriginally posted by Yank21 Quote
Nominated. It's a simple yet powerful portrait. And I love the story the behind it as well.
I am speechless really - all these nominations and your kind words.... Thank you guys!
' >' manntax
05-22-2014, 05:57 PM - 1 Like   #72

Nominated.
05-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by susomai Quote
Nominated.
Thanks a lot !!
' >' manntax
05-31-2014, 01:49 AM - 1 Like   #74
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
This is one of the very few photos of a street photography that I ever took.. after some battling I decided to enter this photo into the contest...

I wanted to show an emotion of this old long suffering man who was resting with his crutch on a bench on the side of a busy street. People were passing by and seemed not noticing him at all.
I took 1 photo on which you can see all his appearance but I didn't like it - it was too obvious and ostentatious. I decided to go for a closer shot where I wanted to focus on his face while he was sleeping there. What struck me was the fact that although he was napping - his forehead and eyebrows were lifted like he was going through some excitement or amazement. It got me absolutely hypnotized with all the deep emotions written all over his face so I got really really close...

When I was about to shot I realised that he was slowly waking up !! Imagine how devastated I was while composing as his eyes began to slowly open and they looked like someone's who has blinked in the shot !

I resisted the urge to click and run ( I knew he wouldn't be happy seeing me there !) and waited for his eyes to open wider. As the cobwebs began to clear from his eyes I took the shot above - and literally a split of a second he went ballistic realising that there was a fellow with the camera right in his face ( ok it was maybe 1,5 meters away ) .. so we immediately had to run... When I see this photo I am fully aware that I sort of not only composed the frame but also the look in his eyes. The reality was : had I pressed the shutter a 1s earlier - and his eyes would've been closed while sleeping; would I click 1/4th of a second earlier - and his eyes were half open.. .This was either to NOT have the shot at all ( with him napping with deep emotions all over his face ) - or to wait and get a different look

I know I was a bit naughty back there :P - but I really wanted to talk to the person! Sadly it was not possible immediately after I snapped the shot, so I took a nice sized print of this photo and went in the same place next week - hoping that I would meet him and talk to and hand the print over and somehow clear the air so to speak :P - but sadly I never met him again .

The title is reflecting what I saw in his face while he was sleeping and I am very happy that this photo I eventually took is actually showing all these emotions also through the look of his eyes.

>>-manntax-->
Nice portrait! Nominated of course!
05-31-2014, 06:46 AM - 1 Like   #75

I nominate this photo. Effective portrait.
« Morning Glow | M31 »