Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Landscape with green pearls
Lens: SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO Camera: Pentax K20D 

There are many spectacular and iconic landscapes all over the world which are photographed over and over. This is not one of them, as it is located in central Transylvania, Romania. I was lucky to finish my day hiking downhill in the afternoon after a summer rain, when the sun break through the clouds. The air was still full of vapour but otherwise clean, as the rain washed out the dust from the air.

Trusty old K20D and the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC Macro

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by Caver; 04-28-2014 at 07:21 AM. Reason: (typo)
04-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I nominate this photo

I nominate this photo. Cool landscape.
04-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
There are many spectacular and iconic landscapes all over the world which are photographed over and over. This is not one of them, as it is located in central Transylvania, Romania. I was lucky to finish my day hiking downhill in the afternoon after a summer rain, when the sun break through the clouds. The air was still full of vapour but otherwise clean, as the rain washed out the dust from the air.

Trusty old K20D and the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC Macro
Thanks Paul-K5, I'm glad you liked it!
05-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

great shot of the landscape. it really tells the viewer a story about how the land is used and divided

05-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SKYoung Quote
great shot of the landscape. it really tells the viewer a story about how the land is used and divided
Thank you SKYoung! I'm glad you find it interesting.
05-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Forum Member

There's something in this photo that makes it so singular, I'm not sure if it's the light filtering through the top of the frame, or the perfect stillness of the whole landscape (no cars, no homes, almost seems alien), or the shadows of every tree and encompassing section around the rolling hills. What's certain is that you managed to frame what looks like a majestic and at the same time peaceful place. Very nice work, if a landscape picture deserves to win (and there's a lot of those!), I think it's this one. Nominated!
05-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axelm7 Quote
There's something in this photo that makes it so singular, I'm not sure if it's the light filtering through the top of the frame, or the perfect stillness of the whole landscape (no cars, no homes, almost seems alien), or the shadows of every tree and encompassing section around the rolling hills. What's certain is that you managed to frame what looks like a majestic and at the same time peaceful place. Very nice work, if a landscape picture deserves to win (and there's a lot of those!), I think it's this one. Nominated!
axelm7! Thank you for taking the time to reply and comment in detail - it really means a lot to me! Your observations about my photo matches my own from the moment when I took it...