Lens: Pentax DA 70mm f/2.4 Ltd Camera: Pentax K20D 

Farmer scarifying the fields at Therfield

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
04-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nominated! The subject matter is just strangely bizarre. I have to admit that I have no farming knowledge in my head so this looks like a tractor plowing sand in a desert - which seems like strange thing to do.
05-07-2014, 01:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A superb capture ! I happily nominate this photo - you saw the potential and went for it !!Shame we got small screens and the image got squeezed. It would be even more impressive if viewed at 16000px or more width! The only piece of advice I could give is to try and clone out that strap of a grass on the right .
EDIT: After thinking a bit - I would simple crop out that part of the shot which has that strap of green - the shot would benefit from a bit different aspect ratio in my view.

Well done and best of luck !
>>-manntax-->

Last edited by manntax; 05-08-2014 at 07:56 AM.
06-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks both for the nominations.
I thought about the crop but decided to leave the fence and grass on the right to hold that side of the picture in. I thought it just drifted out to nothing without that.