Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2014, 09:41 PM   #1

Sky Mirror
Lens: Pentax 18-55mm kit lens Camera: Pentax K5 II 

On the evening of Monday 29th July 2013 I ventured out from home on my bicycle,, Pentax K5 II shouldered in camera bag to the local pond that is near to the centre of the town where I live. I had received the K5 II camera through the post that same day having purchased it on-line the previous week.
I had taken a few test shots in the backyard during the morning, but having looked out of the window at the on going sunset I decided it may be worth a cycle to 'Godfreys pond' as it is know locally, just to see how it would perform with the kit lens.
On arriving bank side I discovered an idyllic scene. The evening was quiet, warm and humid with hardly a breath of wind. Mosquitoes and Dragon flies dance in the airspace above the water. Most of the resident wild foul had cleared the surface water to roost for the night but could be still heard in the distance. The few people that were there around me, dog walkers and fisherman, had all stopped to take in natures light performance as the sun disappeared over the western horizon. Calm and still...one of those moments in your life where you feel really in touch with your surroundings and feel truely in tune with nature.
I must have taken around 60 images in the space of 15 minutes that evening. Hands busy working the controls of the camera to attain the best capture that preserved the scene,atmosphere, and natures beauty set before me and everyone there with me that evening. I believe this to be the best image from that nights shoot as the camera captured it.
Just for the record, I am not a greedy person. the K5 II is a remarkable camera and I love it. If by chance I was to win the K3 it would be a gift for my 15 year old daughter who is a more accomplished photographer than me..She loves my K5!!...I hope you enjoy Sky Mirror

04-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great description here, not seeing the pic though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: