Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #1

Old Boat
Lens: Pentax-A 645 2.8 75mm Camera: Pentax 645 

Photo taken last summer, in a small town called Lagos, in Portugal, which used to be a even smaller fisherman village, it has nice beaches and a blasting sun!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by Yoko; 04-29-2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Following Miroke sugestion for pushing contrast up
04-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Hi Yoko, really like your image and I know that blasting sun is very tricky to handle. If I were you I would give the image a bit more contrast. I downloaded your image and if you don't mind I would upload the image to show you what I mean. Kind regards Michael
04-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by miroke Quote
Hi Yoko, really like your image and I know that blasting sun is very tricky to handle. If I were you I would give the image a bit more contrast. I downloaded your image and if you don't mind I would upload the image to show you what I mean. Kind regards Michael
Hello Michael, I do understand what you're saying, and i'm going to do just that!! Thanks a lot!
Best Regards Yoko

---------- Post added 04-29-14 at 11:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Yoko Quote
Hello Michael, I do understand what you're saying, and i'm going to do just that!! Thanks a lot!
Best Regards Yoko
How about now Michael?
04-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #4

Perfect to me Yoko. My version looks almost the same as yours. Mine is tick darker and I sharpend a little bit the color that pelled of from the "under water part" of the ship. Overall your image is great and has a strong image formation.

04-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #5

Original Poster
Perfect to me Yoko. My version looks almost the same as yours. Mine is tick darker and I sharpend a little bit the color that pelled of from the "under water part" of the ship. Overall your image is great and has a strong image formation.
Thank you very much Michael, for the help and atention! Where can I see your version?
04-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #6

Hi Yoko, this is my "darkroom" work of your image. I'm aware of the fact that working on others images is very sensitive. But since you asked for my version I believe it's okay to upload my version. Kind regards Michael
Attached Images

04-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #7

Original Poster
Hi Yoko, this is my "darkroom" work of your image. I'm aware of the fact that working on others images is very sensitive. But since you asked for my version I believe it's okay to upload my version. Kind regards Michael
I can see the diference and really like your "darkroom" work. No problem Michael, it's showing our work and debatting about it that we learn.
Best regards Yoko