Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2014, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
stairs to eternity
Lens: Pentax SMC DA 15mm Camera: Pentax k5 

This is the stairs leading to the gallows at the Gonzales Texas jail museum. This is the dungeon area with very low lighting and no tripods are allowed. Normally I shoot in RAW but I had to switch to JPEG in order to use the K5 in camera HDR. Luckily I was using my 15mm lens which is lightweight so I was able to handhold 0.5 seconds, F8 at ISO 800. Yes the shake reduction was on. Photo was brought into Lightroom for minor adjustments then it was run through Nix color effects Pro 4 for final processing to adjust tonal contrast. Final image is pretty darn close to the way it came out of the camera. By the way I was in Gonzales with my camera club participating in a photo shootout with another club and this jail museum was on our list of 15 items to photograph. Kinda of a creepy place and folks say it is haunted.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by k9lover; 04-29-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: more detail
04-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #2

THIS ONE!
I like things a little more on the dark and gritty side.
Keep up the good work!
04-30-2014, 12:51 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I nominate this photo. Your story about the making is great. The image catches me first and was bringing me a prison in wonderfull toning. So those two match eachother, making the image strong enough for me.
05-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nominated.

05-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Nominated. Great tones n textures
05-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by k9lover Quote
This is the stairs leading to the gallows at the Gonzales Texas jail museum. This is the dungeon area with very low lighting and no tripods are allowed. Normally I shoot in RAW but I had to switch to JPEG in order to use the K5 in camera HDR. Luckily I was using my 15mm lens which is lightweight so I was able to handhold 0.5 seconds, F8 at ISO 800. Yes the shake reduction was on. Photo was brought into Lightroom for minor adjustments then it was run through Nix color effects Pro 4 for final processing to adjust tonal contrast. Final image is pretty darn close to the way it came out of the camera. By the way I was in Gonzales with my camera club participating in a photo shootout with another club and this jail museum was on our list of 15 items to photograph. Kinda of a creepy place and folks say it is haunted.
Wow. You could look at that wall for hours. Also the composition leads you to many desitinations. The phot seems flat at first, but there is depth both visually and mentally. Nominated.
05-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #7

Nominate. Excellent use of lines to draw the eye about the photo.