Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 06:41 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
The Next Chapter
Lens: FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Camera: K3 

I was approached by some friends to be the photographer for their wedding. This was the first time that I have been the primary photographer and I was pretty apprehensive about undertaking such a challenge, but I knew this couple were not in a position to hire a professional wedding photographer so I accepted. Luckily a mutual acquaintance owns a large property with many interesting odds and ends all over the place, including a huge shed filled with timber. I got the couple to stand at the entrance as I lay down in the dust with my K3 and trusty FA 77mm on a tripod. The final image is an HDR of bracketed photos, which helped capture details inside the shed and of the trees beyond. Since the groom had a preference for black and white photography and the bride was after a "whimsical" theme I felt this image captured both of those elements and tells a story of the couple moving towards the next chapter in their lives.

I learnt a lot from this experience and the couple were very happy with the images I captured of their special day. I chose this image because I felt that it was a personal triumph for me to conquer something as daunting as shooting a wedding by myself.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Last edited by noVICE; 05-05-2014 at 04:00 AM.
05-04-2014, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #2

I reallly don't appreciate wedding sessions but this one is really impressing.Great job!

I nominate this shot for the clever perspective regarding this shot and for the atmosphere shown.
05-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by a14onymus Quote
I reallly don't appreciate wedding sessions but this one is really impressing.Great job!

I nominate this shot for the clever perspective regarding this shot and for the atmosphere shown.
Thanks so much for your kind words and nomination!
05-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I nominate this photo as it tells a story...the couple looking out on their new life together.

05-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
Forum Member

I nominate this photo. It feels like it's from 30's. Good job.
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #6

I nominate this photo. It is very interesting to see a couple in their wedding clothes at the entrance to a lumber warehouse. The fact that we are looking at their backs adds to the mystery. It makes me wonder where they have come from and where they are going.
05-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
I nominate this photo as it tells a story...the couple looking out on their new life together.
Thanks for the nomination, it's much appreciated.

---------- Post added 05-06-2014 at 06:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by John Elger Quote
I nominate this photo. It feels like it's from 30's. Good job.
Thanks so much, the "olden times" look was one of the themes of the wedding so I am pleased you felt the photo evoked that.

QuoteOriginally posted by ddbarchitect Quote
I nominate this photo. It is very interesting to see a couple in their wedding clothes at the entrance to a lumber warehouse. The fact that we are looking at their backs adds to the mystery. It makes me wonder where they have come from and where they are going.
Thank you for the comment and nomination.

Last edited by noVICE; 05-06-2014 at 01:08 AM.
05-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I nominate this photo! They must not have been disappointed! This photo alone could make a couple's wedding day! Great composition, lighting, and ambiance!
05-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SKYoung Quote
I nominate this photo! They must not have been disappointed! This photo alone could make a couple's wedding day! Great composition, lighting, and ambiance!
Thanks for the nomination and the wonderful comment.
05-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I nominate this photo for is perspective and mood, it almost tells a story by itself, it is very easy to put yourself into one of the people in the photo and imagine.
05-09-2014, 01:32 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tim.anderson Quote
I nominate this photo for is perspective and mood, it almost tells a story by itself, it is very easy to put yourself into one of the people in the photo and imagine.
Thanks for the nomination Tim, much appreciated.
05-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
Inactive Account

I nominate this beautifoul story.....
05-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vladut Quote
I nominate this beautiful story.....(ftfy?)
Thanks for the nomination and kind words.