Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #1

My first Pentax dslr
Lens: Pentax 18-55mm Camera: Pentax K-X 

I am a newbie to photography, but I am enjoying it oh so much!!!! The Pentax K-X was my first dslr. I was almost depressed when it quit working! I recently purchased a K-R and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The photo I entered was taken at a local auto salvage. It was such a unique shooting experience! I would LOVE to have a K-3 in the silver. I adore the many comments I get every time I pull my white camera out at my daughter's basketball games, softball games, the park, etc. Everyone else just blends in to the sea of black Nikon and Cannon! NOT ME!!!!!!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
05-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Nice self portrait. Not very revealing, yet enough. Tough subject for one who spends all their time behind the viewfinder.
05-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I quite like this photo. Always nice to see a white Pentax DSLR! And it contrasts the orange and red of the car and rust nicely.

I nominate this photo.
05-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tootie Quote
I am a newbie to photography, but I am enjoying it oh so much!!!! The Pentax K-X was my first dslr. I was almost depressed when it quit working! I recently purchased a K-R and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The photo I entered was taken at a local auto salvage. It was such a unique shooting experience! I would LOVE to have a K-3 in the silver. I adore the many comments I get every time I pull my white camera out at my daughter's basketball games, softball games, the park, etc. Everyone else just blends in to the sea of black Nikon and Cannon! NOT ME!!!!!!
This is the kind of creativity that I want to see from our finalists. So I second Na Horuk's nomination

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #5

Nice self portrait and great photo,and Pentax publicity : that is great , all my dslr are Pentax :-)
05-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the compliments and nominations. I really wanted to name the photo "mirror mirror on the trunk". I'll get the hang of all this someday, but in the mean time, I sure am having fun practicing.
« Red Ibanez | stroll »