Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2014, 03:29 AM   #31

i nominate this photo..love the colors and the reflection of the sun on the canon makes it feel like the battle just ended on that field great shot!

05-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #32

Very nice lighting, I nominate
05-16-2014, 10:10 AM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ILLmatic173 Quote
i nominate this photo..love the colors and the reflection of the sun on the canon makes it feel like the battle just ended on that field great shot!
Thank you.

Joshua Chamberlain (20th Maine) wrote:
"In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision- place of souls." The power of Chamberlain’s words still echo at Gettysburg. Something does remain here on the battlefield. Something is felt when looking over the silent landscape. I feel very fortunate to have been able to capture one small moment.

QuoteOriginally posted by burton03 Quote
I nominate this pic. Beautiful coloring
Thank you, it was a stunning, but brief sunset.

QuoteOriginally posted by FrancisMay Quote
Very nice lighting, I nominate
Thank you very much. The light reflecting on the cannon lasted but a few moments, I was able to get two shots off before it disappeared. The sunset lingered for a few more moments before the light changed again.
05-17-2014, 04:58 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by Yank21 Quote
My family and I attended the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg. It was very hot with a threat of an afternoon/evening thunderstorm in the forecast each day. On the third day, during the reenactment of Pickett's charge, very dark and ominous storm clouds gathered. Fortunately the rain and lightning held off until after the reenactment. We returned to our campground and when the rain let up a bit, we went up to the area of the battlefield known as the "Highwater" mark where the Confederate line breached the Union line. The clouds were still very dark and heavy, with a little light rain falling. As I wandered along Hancock Ave. I approached a photgrapher. He had his camera mounted on a tripod (with a rain cover) and was using a neutral density filter/long exposure to capture the swiflty moving low cloud cover. I said "Hi", he looked and then grumbled at me. I said "Clouds are really moving," he grumbled again. I wished him luck with his shooting, and he grumbled something back at me as I walked away. I chose to go in the opposit direction of where he was standing. I walked to the highwater mark area. As I came up to a row of cannons, the sun suddenly broke through the heavy clouds, producing an absolutely stunning sunset and with an interesting refelction on this one cannon. This lasted for only a few moments, but it was pretty spectacular. I suppose I should thank the grumpy photographer, as had he been the least bit friendly, I would have missed this shot.
Just love this picture. Can't imagine what is was like actually being there --- This picture it all ---- Great job

05-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #35

My family and I attended the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg. It was very hot with a threat of an afternoon/evening thunderstorm in the forecast each day. On the third day, during the reenactment of Pickett's charge, very dark and ominous storm clouds gathered. Fortunately the rain and lightning held off until after the reenactment. We returned to our campground and when the rain let up a bit, we went up to the area of the battlefield known as the "Highwater" mark where the Confederate line breached the Union line. The clouds were still very dark and heavy, with a little light rain falling. As I wandered along Hancock Ave. I approached a photgrapher. He had his camera mounted on a tripod (with a rain cover) and was using a neutral density filter/long exposure to capture the swiflty moving low cloud cover. I said "Hi", he looked and then grumbled at me. I said "Clouds are really moving," he grumbled again. I wished him luck with his shooting, and he grumbled something back at me as I walked away. I chose to go in the opposit direction of where he was standing. I walked to the highwater mark area. As I came up to a row of cannons, the sun suddenly broke through the heavy clouds, producing an absolutely stunning sunset and with an interesting refelction on this one cannon. This lasted for only a few moments, but it was pretty spectacular. I suppose I should thank the grumpy photographer, as had he been the least bit friendly, I would have missed this shot.

i love this picture -- What a piece of art
05-17-2014, 05:07 AM   #36

I nominate this picture
05-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #37

I nominate this picture

05-18-2014, 05:47 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you very much missy for the comments and the nomination.
05-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #39

Thank you for the nomination nanny10...I truly enjoyed the time I spent there last summer
I nominate this.
05-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #40

You made a fantastic photo and these colour I could never put in a photo like this. In my sunsets :-(
I nominate this photo.
Cool the story, it' s good sometimes to be bad then :-)
05-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pietro_d Quote
You made a fantastic photo and these colour I could never put in a photo like this. In my sunsets :-(
I nominate this photo.
Cool the story, it' s good sometimes to be bad then :-)
Yes, it was definitely fortunate for me that that photographer was pretty rude, and it made me mad enough to walk in the other direction!
Thank you for the nomination

QuoteOriginally posted by cutlas442 Quote
I nominate this.
Thank you for the nomination
05-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #42

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful image! Nominated.
05-21-2014, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #43
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Probably one of those insufferable Canikoners who don't dare expose their gear to a few rain drops.
Nominated.
05-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Probably one of those insufferable Canikoners who don't dare expose their gear to a few rain drops.
Nominated.
Hahaha ran into one of those yesterday..some of those guys are real a-holes
05-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #45
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I'll happily add my nomination to your collection - this is a beautiful image.