Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ksgwtw Quote
Great picture! I nominate this picture!
Thank you ksgwthw!
05-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Such wonderful light! I nominate this photo.
05-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
Such wonderful light! I nominate this photo.
Thank you very much HawaiianOnline.

05-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shot. I visited Gettysburg many years ago before I had a really nice digital camera such as my present K-3. I would love to be turned loose on the battlefields now with my current equipment. I have stood on the exact spot where you took this picture. Thank you for taking it and sharing it. Truly fantastic.

John
05-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #21

I nominate this beautiful photo
05-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #22

I nominate this stunning and solemn photo.

05-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedW Quote
I nominate this stunning and solemn photo.
Thank you very much Ted W.

QuoteOriginally posted by mypixelmagic Quote
I nominate this beautiful photo
thank you very much

QuoteOriginally posted by PALADIN85020 Quote
Beautiful shot. I visited Gettysburg many years ago before I had a really nice digital camera such as my present K-3. I would love to be turned loose on the battlefields now with my current equipment. I have stood on the exact spot where you took this picture. Thank you for taking it and sharing it. Truly fantastic.
John
Thank you very much. When I first visited Gettysburg a few years ago I didn't have a really nice digital camera either. Standing in that spot looking towards the "angle" in the stone wall you can't help but wonder what the union soldiers were thinking when they saw that line of over 12,000 men marching toward them.
05-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yank21 Quote
Thank you very much Ted W.

thank you very much

Thank you very much. When I first visited Gettysburg a few years ago I didn't have a really nice digital camera either. Standing in that spot looking towards the "angle" in the stone wall you can't help but wonder what the union soldiers were thinking when they saw that line of over 12,000 men marching toward them.
When I was there, I also walked across that open field from the trees on the West side, walking the same route that the Rebs did, right into the guns blazing from the Federal line on the Ridge. As I was walking, I imagined the guts it took to advance, marching right into withering fire from thousands of accurate rifled muskets and cannon with grape shot, knowing that your odds of survival were probably less than 10%. Both sides performed heroically that day, and it's hard now to even come close to visualizing adequately what took place. It's hallowed ground. Again, I loved your picture.

John
05-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PALADIN85020 Quote
When I was there, I also walked across that open field from the trees on the West side, walking the same route that the Rebs did, right into the guns blazing from the Federal line on the Ridge. As I was walking, I imagined the guts it took to advance, marching right into withering fire from thousands of accurate rifled muskets and cannon with grape shot, knowing that your odds of survival were probably less than 10%. Both sides performed heroically that day, and it's hard now to even come close to visualizing adequately what took place. It's hallowed ground. Again, I loved your picture.
John
Thank you very much. I agree with you that it is hallowed ground. Knowing how tranquil and serene it is at present day it is very hard to imagine what happened those three days I July.
05-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #26

I like this photo for several reasons besides the beautiful color. I believe others have used words like solemn and hallowed grounds. This lone cannon and sunset evokes powerful emotions and that is what in my opinion a photograph should. I nominate this photograph.
05-13-2014, 04:54 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manny2000 Quote
I like this photo for several reasons besides the beautiful color. I believe others have used words like solemn and hallowed grounds. This lone cannon and sunset evokes powerful emotions and that is what in my opinion a photograph should. I nominate this photograph

Thank you very much Manny2000.
05-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #28

What an awesome picture --- It looks like an oil painting.
05-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fergie Quote
What an awesome picture --- It looks like an oil painting.
Thank you very much
05-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #30

I nominate this pic. Beautiful coloring