Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #1

Abandoned Fishing Rods
Lens: Tamron 28-75 F2.8 Camera: K200D 

Although I have been a member of Pentax Forums for a while this is my first post. I found these three abandoned fishing rods while walking along the beach in Destin, FL shortly after sunset. The fisherman was nowhere to be found. After being shoulder to shoulder on a crowded beach all day the contrast was striking. These three poles were silhouetted against the sky and the only sound was the water lapping at the shoreline. Everytime I look at this pic it takes me back to the peace and tranquility of that moment.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
05-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is reminding me my childhood when I was going out fishing with my uncle These fishing rods were left there with the baits on their hooks and people would come where there was a take - perhaps they had small ringing bells attached or other way of knowing that there was a fish taking Anyway Love this capture - many of the shortcomings could be resolved with better post processing ( like exposure, noise etc. ) but I really like the idea here - the composition wise it could be cropped slightly more on the right side . I nominate this photo for taking me back in time
' >' manntax
05-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
That is reminding me my childhood when I was going out fishing with my uncle These fishing rods were left there with the baits on their hooks and people would come where there was a take - perhaps they had small ringing bells attached or other way of knowing that there was a fish taking Anyway Love this capture - many of the shortcomings could be resolved with better post processing ( like exposure, noise etc. ) but I really like the idea here - the composition wise it could be cropped slightly more on the right side . I nominate this photo for taking me back in time
' >' manntax
manntax,
Thank you for your comments. I also remember fishing with my family when I was a boy and having bells on the end of the rod so you would know when you had a bite. As far as post processing, I have just recently began post processing my photos and am still trying to learn the ropes. Thanks again.