Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2014, 05:37 AM   #1

Persimmon Harvest
Lens: Vivitar 28-135 Macro Zoom Camera: Minolta x700 

I lived in this village in Shandong Province, China, for one year in the late 1990's, studying the lives of the elderly. Most of the photos I took were in color, but I took a roll in black and white. This is a scan of a photo I originally took with black and white film. There is just something about how it captured the moment and the people lined up moving along the street that has always drawn me in to it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC  Photo 
05-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #2
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. I agree, you've capture the moment well, although I find the contrast in the image harsh. I don't know if that is from the original photo or how it was scanned.

(With over 1000 entries in the contest, I can see a lot of images not getting much response or feedback, so I'm just trying to give a little feedback here and there, even for photos I don't nominate)
05-06-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agree the contrast is harsh and the lost detail in some areas is disturbing - like many parts of a photo is too greyish - BUT I will nominate this because I appreciate the effort takes to document this sort of realities on the film - so I see it as a glimpse of a true street photography before the digital era even started !! Best of luck !

Last edited by Parallax; 05-06-2014 at 01:35 PM.
05-06-2014, 06:46 AM   #4

Original Poster
I developed it this in a local shop, too, so their processing was a little rough, too. But still, the original is certainly better, so I do need to figure our how to get a good scan of it for future use.

Thanks for the nomination. At any rate, this one really is more about being in the moment and knowing the subjects rather than photographic skill.

05-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by etmmm Quote
Thanks for the nomination. At any rate, this one really is more about being in the moment and knowing the subjects rather than photographic skill.
You are welcomed ! And this is precisely how I looked at and why nominated your photo
Best of luck !
--manntax