Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-08-2014, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #1

Ghostly Underground
Lens: Tamron SP 24-48mm Camera: Pentax K-5 

This photograph was taken at Euston Square on the London Underground. It is of one of the old 'C' Stock trains of the Hammersmith and City and Circle lines, of which not many were left when the photograph was taken and are now gone from these lines, to remain only as ghosts on the system! I was keen to photograph one in this way in their last days.

This was taken using the double exposure feature on the K-5, with two exposures combined. It was taken using two 1s exposures at f8, ISO 100, with the lens set at 24mm. All processing (except a slight crop) was done using the in camera RAW development function, to convert to B+W, add a slight sepia tint and adjust contrast.

The exposures were taken with the camera mounted on a mini tripod that was placed next to me on a fortunately located bench on the platform.

Cheers for looking,
Ian.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Forum Member

the ghost train is coming, u need to call ghost busters i nominate this shot
05-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I lived in London during my backpacking phase, about 20 years ago, and this is how tube trains are supposed to look from memory. Anyway, nice concept, but needs to be straightened just a touch in my opinion. Nominated.

Regards
05-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #4

Original Poster
Cheers for the nominations guys!
I did look at straightening the platform line, but it seemed to detract from the dynamism of the shot somewhat, in my opinion. The lines at the top and bottom of the shot seem to have a nice convergence to a vanishing point to the right, so I stuck with the original version.
Thanks for your responses, always appreciated!

05-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #5
Forum Member

I nominate this photo. Brilliant idea you got there! Looks amazing but... I might be a copycat .