Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
3 buddies...
Lens: Voigtlander Ultron AF 400 100-400 mm F4.5-6.7 Camera: PENTAX K10D 

05-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #2
ghl

I nominate this photograph.

The lack of contrast is apparent at first; but then the stoicism of the man to the right is noticed which leads to reassessment, which leads to noticing the timing of shutter release and excellent exposure.

Nicely done, ogunturkay.
05-10-2014, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
Three different characters in one frame.

Thank you ghl!

I think, should explain this photograph;

This is a bit special capture because a real hard to take shot; you can’t take any single photo of this kind old man (/men), easily. I was lucky to take all of them in a different characteristic face and posing because they had not seen me and my camera; otherwise I could not have done it.

I was gone there for a tourist visit with a crowded group. I have seen them before leaving the bus and just ran out for take this photo, when we arrived an old historical place. I was hid myself in group and they were just looking us (the huge visitor group) for understanding the activity of that visit. I took only one exact photo and couldn't get a second one. Because they just turned the faces to another point and started to talk each other in a second.

Last thing; I wanted to add some feels like historical, dusty and old fashion; that's why I applicated a pale-sepia with a bit noise and less contrast scene on the export from directly RAW file.

I have plenty ultra-sharp and detailed wildlife photos but this is a special for me because I know, I can get animal pictures in any way; I just need to find some good moment and places for them. It’s not hard like this. I caught three difficult old, traditional model in one frame with three different characteristic positions! That’s why I chosen this “special photo” as a best of mine.

Thanks!
05-10-2014, 04:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A very good photograph of a three very expressive characters. You've nailed the focus with that old manual glass ! Love the processing applied and the look achieved gives an impression of a film shot from 40's perhaps ? Anyway that is another example how K10D delivers A nomination from another happy K10D user !

>>-manntax-->

05-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
A very good photograph of a three very expressive characters. You've nailed the focus with that old manual glass ! Love the processing applied and the look achieved gives an impression of a film shot from 40's perhaps ? Anyway that is another example how K10D delivers A nomination from another happy K10D user !

>>-manntax-->
Thank you very much manntax!
05-10-2014, 07:49 AM   #6

nominated! perfect emotion.
05-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by forlawra Quote
nominated! perfect emotion.

Thank you very much!

05-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #8
ksm

nominated! love the characters, great postprocessing!
05-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Old blokes are always good subjects. You can see the war-stories etched on their faces, or is that constipation? Whatever, I nominate this one.

Regards
05-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
nominated! love the characters, great postprocessing!
Thank you.
05-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
Old blokes are always good subjects. You can see the war-stories etched on their faces, or is that constipation? Whatever, I nominate this one.

Regards
Hehe, probably the first prediction! Thank you very much!
05-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
Veteran Member

super great portrait of those guys. i love how intrigued they are with the photogrpaher
05-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SKYoung Quote
super great portrait of those guys. i love how intrigued they are with the photogrpaher
Thanks a lot!
05-13-2014, 02:41 AM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogunturkay Quote
Thank you ghl!

I think, should explain this photograph;

This is a bit special capture because a real hard to take shot; you can’t take any single photo of this kind old man (/men), easily. I was lucky to take all of them in a different characteristic face and posing because they had not seen me and my camera; otherwise I could not have done it.

I was gone there for a tourist visit with a crowded group. I have seen them before leaving the bus and just ran out for take this photo, when we arrived an old historical place. I was hid myself in group and they were just looking us (the huge visitor group) for understanding the activity of that visit. I took only one exact photo and couldn't get a second one. Because they just turned the faces to another point and started to talk each other in a second.

Last thing; I wanted to add some feels like historical, dusty and old fashion; that's why I applicated a pale-sepia with a bit noise and less contrast scene on the export from directly RAW file.

I have plenty ultra-sharp and detailed wildlife photos but this is a special for me because I know, I can get animal pictures in any way; I just need to find some good moment and places for them. It’s not hard like this. I caught three difficult old, traditional model in one frame with three different characteristic positions! That’s why I chosen this “special photo” as a best of mine.

Thanks!
This photo makes me wonder weather or not they came after you with their canes :P Nominated great capture
05-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jonnyhooks Quote
This photo makes me wonder weather or not they came after you with their canes :P Nominated great capture
They did not have! Thank you very much!