Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #1

Stop stop... no more pictures!
Lens: DA 35mm F2.4 AL Camera: K10d 

Wow. There are amazing entries and I wish I was even 1/4 as talented as everyone else. I'm not sure if this is technically sound, or my "best" photo, or something with "wow", but it's probably my favorite.

This is my wife-to-be and adorable little nephew at my cousin's wedding. The two of them get along really well and I sometimes wonder if he thinks that we are one of them -- kids. Both of them are my typical photo victims, but I think this photo just captures some raw emotions of happiness and child curiosity. Other professional photographers were snapping away at the wedding, but I have an "in" with these two. They are usually comfortable with me snapping away, but at this moment decided, "no more pictures!" Her hand on the right is an accidental crop, but gives it a little bit of a 3d perspective and his smaller hand just barely blocks his eyes, while also being a little curious to see if I'd still snap a shot.

Last edited by ppppsssstttt; 06-11-2014 at 06:41 PM.
05-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very nice picture - you've managed to capture this happiness you speak of in a very good and technically correct way. I think this might not be the very best shot that the average photography geek will get excited about - but this will definitely be one of all-times favoured for all the 'normal people' and surely for your wife-to-be as well as this little boy. Well done !
' >' manntax
06-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Very nice picture - you've managed to capture this happiness you speak of in a very good and technically correct way. I think this might not be the very best shot that the average photography geek will get excited about - but this will definitely be one of all-times favoured for all the 'normal people' and surely for your wife-to-be as well as this little boy. Well done !
' >' manntax
thank you manntax! much appreciated feedback!