Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Electrified
Lens: Da 14mm Camera: K5 

05-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #2

I love this image. It's gritty and serious and reminds me of old film.
05-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very interesting shot ! I also like the processing - there is something about this photo - so much to look at - really good shot ! I happily nominate this !
BTW. these lightnings are coming from a left side - did you add them in post processing or they literally were formed like that ? Thanks.
' >' manntax
05-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Very interesting shot ! I also like the processing - there is something about this photo - so much to look at - really good shot ! I happily nominate this !
BTW. these lightnings are coming from a left side - did you add them in post processing or they literally were formed like that ? Thanks.
' >' manntax
Thanks for your vote, the lightning struck just that way, i processed the image to bring out more definition of the lightning, converted to black and white and did some slight adjustments in the composition, no lightning strikes where added.

05-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by mgbirder Quote
Thanks for your vote, the lightning struck just that way, i processed the image to bring out more definition of the lightning, converted to black and white and did some slight adjustments in the composition, no lightning strikes where added.
Very nice. We rarely get lightning like that in Ireland!
05-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really nice, like the black and white...nominated
05-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mgbirder Quote
Even more impressive!!! All the glory to their Creator !
' >' manntax

05-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #8

I'm sure it was hard to catch this image just in time. Love how you brought out all the lightening strikes!
05-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joette Quote
I'm sure it was hard to catch this image just in time. Love how you brought out all the lightening strikes!
Thanks Joette, to capture lightning strikes one usually takes long exposures, in this particular image i used an exposure of 30 seconds, i programmed the intervalometer of the K5 to capture an image every 33 seconds and checked the results afer the storm passed ;-).
06-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Nominated
06-02-2014, 02:58 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very powerful capture - I would like to add my nomination.

The electricity in the clouds and all the electric lights in the city creates a story of a sort, it is a photo you could look at for a very long time.

By the way, I can't help feeling that you were standing at a somewhat TOO high viewpoint for a storm this size. I am happy you didn't attract any lighting yourself!
06-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Very powerful capture - I would like to add my nomination.

The electricity in the clouds and all the electric lights in the city creates a story of a sort, it is a photo you could look at for a very long time.

By the way, I can't help feeling that you were standing at a somewhat TOO high viewpoint for a storm this size. I am happy you didn't attract any lighting yourself!
Thanks for the nomination. The camera was situated in my study room behind a glass window, i returned every 15 minutes to wipe of eventual raindrops from the window, but was pretty safe because a huge antenna was situated directly over my ceiling.