Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #1

Symbiosis
Lens: Vivitar Close Focus 28mm 2.8 Camera: Pentax Kx 

Hi,

Post processing was minimal. I lightened shadows a bit (for the roof), although I don't have a very good monitor, so hoping it appears ok on other people's screens. Also, there was was a bit of sharpening needed after the resizing. I used the free trial version of Zoner Photo Studio to do this.

(Also, I hope it's not still too big - it is already at recommended minimum length of 900px)

***Update - for anyone else uploading length wise, I had to set this to 588 long to get it to fit on my screen. Almost every long photo I have seen so far has been impossible to see full size***

Thanks,
MilamBardo

Last edited by MilamBardo; 06-04-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Long pictures don't seem to display properly on screen - reduced length
05-16-2014, 04:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What I see you've tried to do here is to show us this harmony, or as per title : Symbiosis between your subject and the nature or calming environment ? Symbolized by that beach and distant sea with the background of mountains . The problem is that I don't really get it... what I do get is the dissonance between these two - in contrary to your intentions that dark horrible roof is all but organically associable with the harmony in which your model appears ( or tries ) to be with this otherwise beautiful setting. So basically either the title or the setting is wrong. For being in projected harmony the model would need to be placed in the area without this roof and with the pleasant and calming view of the sea with those distant mountains - that would work for symbiosis - what I see here is a disharmony at it's finest...
Just a bit of critique few pennies worth so don't worry - I might be wrong
Good luck !

>>-manntax-->
05-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hello Manntax,

Thank you for the feedback.

Last edited by MilamBardo; 06-04-2014 at 03:36 PM.
05-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The good thing is that you maintain an attitude that is largely positive - that will definitely help you along in the process of refining your future ideas and projects. I also understand what drove you to this shot. It is very good to remember however , that whatever the idea of an artist is - the most important part is how an artist is projecting this idea through his / her art. If artist's sentiment for a particular place or scene cannot be felt by the spectator - that usually means that the artist has failed at delivering - or transferring, if you will - that idea over to the viewer .In this case I somehow feel lost in how I should interpret this scene - hence my comment - the idea behind it is still worth of exploring though ...
Best of luck!

>>-manntax-->