Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Robynne
Lens: DA 50mm f/1.8 Camera: Pentax K5 

This picture is a happy mistake. Only one of the three speedlights fired and the picture ended missing about half of the light (missing the right and the back flash). But after a bit of playing with adjustments and pushing the shadows a lot, the photo did come to life, not what I was going for originally but it created a very nice atmosphere and a bit of mystery to it. It turned out to be one of the model's favourite pictures from that photoshoot and it is one of my all time favourite.

It was shot with a Pentax K5 coupled with a DA 50mm f/1.8. I was using 3 speedlights of various brands and era (one is >20yo), one in a softbox and two with snoots, fired with an el'cheapo radio trigger.

Thanks for looking

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-17-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nominated! It looks like your "accident" here turned out pretty well! The subtle lighting and strong shadows give the face a lot of good definition. Nice work!
05-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Nominated! It looks like your "accident" here turned out pretty well! The subtle lighting and strong shadows give the face a lot of good definition. Nice work!
Thanks Boris, this kind of lighting is what I am going for in most of my work now, very low key, very dark and very strong shadows. They say you should learn from your mistakes, I surely did on that one.