Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Diagonal
Lens: Pentax 50mm Camera: Pentax K-5 

This moment of ballet rehearsal is caught being very close to the dancer as she was moving more and more towards me. Reviewing photo afterwards I realized how perfectly her body fits into frame of my 50mm lens, with ends of her pointes touching the edges (no cropping is made).
I love the combination of tension (of her body) and grace (the beauty of the move) in this image and the fact that you can not see dancer's face.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its a great moment you captured, the pose sure is striking! It is very difficult to expose correctly in such a room, and I think that is the weakpoint of this photo. Maybe you could play with post-processing some more to make the model stand out more from the background. But I do nominate this photo. It is different from the ones we usually see and the black and white treatment was a good idea
05-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for your feedback and nomination! I could have expose dancer more (to stand out from background), but this is how i see it - putting emphasis on dancers hands and neck and making image look more like taken with photo film.
05-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #4

This shot gets my nomination.
The depth of shadows and highlights are great, the framing is excellent, and the black and white treatment works perfectly. Nice work!

06-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah this really highlights the amazing ability and physique of the dancer. nominated