Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Cat in the snow
Lens: DA 70 mm Limited Camera: Pentax K5 

It is not often to get a good look at a tiger wandering about in the winter.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I nominate this picture also for capturing endangered Amur Tiger and for contrast of colours.
05-27-2014, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hello Suhail

Thank You Very Much. I share your concern for the conservation of these magnificent creatures. I took picture in the Bronx Zoo in NYC on a very cold windy day when there were almost no visitors. This gave a great photo opportunity since the tiger was outdoors in a very large open area. It was almost scary to get the picture since the only thing between me and the tiger was a small moat filled with water. The contrast of the tigers coat with the snow was breathtaking to see it up close when the lighting was just right. When it was too sunny the pictures just did not have the pop that this one had with the snow overexposing in the bright sunlight.
05-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
Hello Suhail

Thank You Very Much. I share your concern for the conservation of these magnificent creatures. I took picture in the Bronx Zoo in NYC on a very cold windy day when there were almost no visitors. This gave a great photo opportunity since the tiger was outdoors in a very large open area. It was almost scary to get the picture since the only thing between me and the tiger was a small moat filled with water. The contrast of the tigers coat with the snow was breathtaking to see it up close when the lighting was just right. When it was too sunny the pictures just did not have the pop that this one had with the snow overexposing in the bright sunlight.
I love Bronx Zoo. Lived in NYC for 5 years and was a frequent visitor to this zoo, Thanks for sharing the details.

06-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #5

Nicely captured "Nominated"