Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Brazilian Woodpecker
Lens: Pentax 55/300 mm Camera: Pentax K-r 

There are several species of woodpecker in Brazil. This photo is of a kind in the southern region of the country. Very shy and difficult to photograph. I got lucky one morning when I was near the tree where it landed. My objective of 55/300mm helped a lot and made ​​several shots with Kr I was very lucky to be prepared at that time and the right place. These things do not happen all the time. The sun allowed a great front light and the canopy could not be better. I think this photo record of a rare and impossible to play again now.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
05-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #2

Oi, belo registro !
Dá uma olhada no meu pardal !
06-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Olá, boa foto deste pica-pau.
Continue postando fotos, sou novo no forum e vejo que há muita demanda por fotos de nosso país.
Vivi alguns anos em S. Caetano do Sul.

Abraços.
07-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hello Paulo Cesar!
Thank you for the comment. Occasionally participate in a contest, but I recognize that I have the minimum chances of getting a placement. I do this for sport and for fun, since bam bans fireworks with their resources to give the message. I confess I lose the will to participate to realize that, in my humble opinion, some selected photos are mediocre, besides using questionable resources to achieve amazing number of votes. The evaluation criteria are subjective and sentences are like those of any judge. It's a Russian roulette and nothing depends on transparent criteria for participants. It's a game with marked cards, so I lose hope of ever being recognized. Is it because we are Brazilians? Have you seen any Brazilian citizen of the third big world to win a contest sponsored by Pentax or at least be a finalist? I do not!
Big hug!

Last edited by Paolillo; 07-03-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Tradução de má qualidade