Good afternoon.

Here is my entry to this great contest:

Harbour Line por Marco rockheavyloud

Cheers!

05-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Intriguing.
Could you tell us more about the lights on the horizon
& was this taken during a meteor shower?
How much & what did you do in PP?
05-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Ceci.

I hate to disappoint you but it's much simpler than that. Those lights are just ships waiting to get in the harbour, and it's a very long exposure of over 2 minutes if I recall, so there are a lot of trails. I didn't do much in Photoshop, actually. I sharpened it a bit and bumped up the details in the darker areas. I didn't even touch up the star trails because I thought they gave the picture extra movement.

The reason why I did so very little in Photoshop was because I spent over an hour photographing those rocks, so I could choose the one I liked the most with less work to be done.

Thanks for looking!
05-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

O my, my heart swooned when I read that the lights were ships waiting to get into the harbor.
I immediately started hearing Boz Scagg's Harborlights & then my mind remembered my
father singing to my mother, The Last Farewell by Roger Whitaker.

For the artistry and professionalism and all the glorious sentiment this photo stirred in me,
I NOMINATE it and sincerely thank you for it~!

2 minute exposures are so difficult but so worth the wait when you come up with something
like this!

06-02-2014, 03:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Real nice, I was a little disappointed about the star trails being star trails, and not a meteor shower. If only you had SR with astrotracer !
06-02-2014, 04:38 AM   #6

Nominated. Nice work